South Florida Instrument Checkride

the400kid

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FLAAV8R
I'll be ready to take my instrument checkride in a few weeks and am soliciting the names of local pilot examiners. I am based out of Pompano.

Any help will be appreciated.

Walt at KPGD does a good job. It's only an hour flight from you, so do not know if you want to travel that far. Did my PPL, and IFR with him. However, he is a New Yorker with a New York sense of humor, and attitude(not everyone's cup of tea). PM me if you need more info. I fly into PMP about once a month or more often, you may want to check with Sheltair or one of the schools to see who they recommend locally to PMP.

I'll be ready to take my instrument checkride in a few weeks and am soliciting the names of local pilot examiners. I am based out of Pompano.

Any help will be appreciated.

Your CFI didn't suggest some?

Mine was Gary from FXE I think, CFI recommended him, easy going, no nonsense, CR took 2 hrs.

The DPE that he used to recommend, Ed Amato, apparently has hung it up.
Hey, I did both my PPL and IR with Ed. He was a good guy, but occasionally would stray outside the PTS.

Like that 0/0 takeoff he had me do in the IR ride ...

Hey, I did both my PPL and IR with Ed. He was a good guy, but occasionally would stray outside the PTS.

According to my instructor, straying from the PTS is prohibited.

Ed was a great guy. He did my initial Lake Amphib training.

Back