South East POA Luncheon (2024)

I can’t make it on that day. Airplane, weather, kid ballgame, etc.

Other than that, I’m game.

(Seriously, suggest a time/place.)

Not exactly central… but a fun place to fly, Gulf Shores, KJKA, 5R4, 82J (Naval Aviation Museum field trip)….

Tullahoma and the Beech Museum are nice. We’ve done that and had food (pizza) brought in. Downtown Knoxville is an option. Gatlinburg/pigeon forge with the museum is nice too.

Date later?

I’m uhhhh….out of town.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Vegas? Not that far… BWAHAHAHA

I’m interested, I’ve been wanting to do a meet up again. When? LZU is always a good option.

I could be in depending on date/location/availability.

If I didn’t have a meeting that I have to attend in person that day, I would suggest picking a few places on the path of totality and then going to the one with the best chance of clear skies on April 8.

SSI for Southern Soul?, BQ1? LZU - food, it's all about the food.

Not exactly central… but a fun place to fly, Gulf Shores, KJKA, 5R4, 82J (Naval Aviation Museum field trip)….

I kinda like that idea. Can we all stay at your place?

Tried to visit that museum a year or two ago but it was closed to the public so we went to the USAF museum at Eglin instead.

I’ll drive to anywhere in the metro Atlanta area or beg for a ride from anyone in the metro Atlanta area if it’s somewhere else. :)

Anyone been there recently? It isn't the roughest grass strip I've flown in (been a few years), but used to be pretty bouncy.

I’ll drive to anywhere in the metro Atlanta area or beg for a ride from anyone in the metro Atlanta area if it’s somewhere else. :)
I say we invite everyone to RYY or VPC. You and I (and maybe an airport courtesy car or two) provide ground transport, and we convey the whole bunch to Henry's Louisiana Grill.

Of course, that's always my plan.

Alternately, if we fly, I'm sure I can find you a seat.

BTW, someone suggested Central Time Zone. Anyone know a place in Alabama that might work?

I believe Tools’ suggestion is in Central.
It is, but it is pretty far south. I was kind of thinking Mid/North Alabama, 'cause we seem to have a lot of folks in NC/Atlanta/TN, so the Northern half of Alabama might work for many...

Is there still a restaurant on the field in Bessemer, AL (EKY)? I think Cullman, AL, also has a restaurant.

I say we invite everyone to RYY or VPC. You and I (and maybe an airport courtesy car or two) provide ground transport, and we convey the whole bunch to Henry's Louisiana Grill.

Of course, that's always my plan.

Alternately, if we fly, I'm sure I can find you a seat.

BTW, someone suggested Central Time Zone. Anyone know a place in Alabama that might work?
@RyanB wouldn’t like Henry’s, they don’t have a Rueben on the menu. :)

Selma! No wait… not Selma… trust me…

Picnic on Ware Island. COOL place.

We need to put the Hunter-Gatherer Brewery in the old Curtis’s-Wright hangar at Columbia Downtown (KCUB) on the list. My last time there was a wonderful afternoon spent with @wayne . I never imagined that would be the last time I would see him.

Following

I am not really a morning person and given I have to go to the airport, preflight, and fly there (4-5 hours), I would have trouble getting there for an early lunch, but maybe a late afternoon lunch, I see that BQ1 restaurant closes at 4pm, or if we can plan a fly-in for a night?

Im in but prefer central time zone.
Sam's at Eufaula AL (EUF) might fit that bill. We went there a few weeks ago. Excellent fried chicken!

My home airport (FFC) just published their "food truck friday" schedule. See below. I'll provide a free golf cart ride to Aircraft Spruce if anyone needs parts.

Attachments

• 419806604_10224351375787096_6084314609163230660_n.jpg
    419806604_10224351375787096_6084314609163230660_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
Back