Source for touch up paint?

fiveoboy01

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dirty B
I need some touch up paint. What's a good source for small amounts like a pint or so? I don't have info on the paint in front of me but I do know the two colored portions are PPG Delfleet...

I called the shop that painted it(twice) and they do not seem interested in helping me.

Do you have a PPG paint store near you?

Oh my. Why didn't I think of that? There's one 5 miles from my work. Kind of embarrassed now...

Can you bring in a chip,for the perfect match?

Will depend on how old the color is. I had the specs for Imron on my former plane but an old formula. I had it matched at an automotive paint supplier with decent results.

I had an aircraft paint company get all bent out of shape because I was not ordering from their "aircraft" line of paints. I called the company that made the airplane to get the color and make and called the paint rep and accidently let him know it was for an airplane. So the lady that runs the company calls me up and says I should be ordering their aircraft line. I said if it was good enough for the manufacturer, its good enough for me and it will be a match. So she took my order. When it arrived it had been severley thinned. My paint guy painted the strut 3 times and it still was showing aluminum color under it. She did it on purpose hah hah hah. Yeah real clever. What a weird thing huh?

Sounds like they added too much acetone :). If you keep stirring (like on a machine), you can leave it out a bit to let it thicken back up.

Back