Sortable (or not) chart of GA aircraft characteristics (fuel burn, MPH)

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
before I get started on building my own I figured I would ask here. I am starting to analyze what might be a good 2nd airplane to own, would love to build a list of technical specs for each one, things like fuel burn, speed, miles covered per gallon of fuel, expected overhaul and maintenance costs. I'd like this chart to help me decide what plane would be right for me and cost effective.

Does such a chart or spreadsheet exist online?

Thanks

I had the same question a few years ago before I bought my Skylane, so I made a spreadsheet with Excel. It was a fun little exercise. Speed was an important one, so I calculated the time required for a common flight important to my mission (CCB to GCN), and then calculated the delta time (time difference) between the different models. As many people will argue, a given plane may be slower, but when you calculate the time saved with a more expensive, faster plane, it may not be worth the cost. It all depends on you and what your mission is. I was looking for fixed gear Skylane and ended up with a Skylane RG. I plugged the Skylane RG into my spreadsheet and it knocked all the runner-up aircraft out of the water. Way more speed and performance than I need, but I'm not complaining.

Back