Soon To Be Pilot

BubbaScott

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BubbaScott
Can anyone suggest a good reputable instructor in the Houston area for a new pilot? Any help is much appreciated. I live literally 5 minutes from Ellington if that will help anyone.

Thanks
Jeremy

PM me if you want some names from DWH, but I imagine you will want someone closer to home.

I did a quick search and found at least one school on the field, Flying Tigers. I didn't see a page with instructor credentials but it looks like they have a nice fleet and offer PPL training. Go down and ask to interview with a few CFI's. Don't just take whoever they give you (ie; who happens to be sitting in the ready room waiting for someone to walk in...). If your anything like me, you'll know pretty quickly who you gel with and then go from there.

Also, be picky! If you don't like what an instructor does or how he or she acts, remember you're the one footing the bill. It may be a bit uncomfortable or awkward but I had to switch halfway through my training and I got a much better instructor. One who would notice if my flaps weren't working on my early flights instead of me :rolleyes2:

Can anyone suggest a good reputable instructor in the Houston area for a new pilot? Any help is much appreciated. I live literally 5 minutes from Ellington if that will help anyone.

Thanks
Jeremy

If you would, please share your experiences with CFI's in that area. I'm looking for the same, but haven't done any interviews on this side of town yet.

DWH is way too far away to get flight training from if you're in the Ellington area.

Oh, you might also want to look at La Porte (T41), as there are a couple of flight schools there, and the training environment might be a bit easier since it's uncontrolled and there aren't any NASA/Military operations going on like at Ellington.

Back