Soon to be... no more red board

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
According to the AOPA website, the "red" board is going all blue. Change to happen this week. If the site is anything like the flash they have, it will be a bear navigating it.

Can we still call it the "RED" board? Is this competition?

Wasn't it yellow way back when, before it was red?

The no longer yellow or red blue board? (NLYORBB)?
You have a very good memory. I remember yellow, now that you mention it.

It could be called the whiner board, for all the whining that goes on over there.

You have a very good memory. I remember yellow, now that you mention it.

It could be called the whiner board, for all the whining that goes on over there.

The Red boards at AOPA are fast loosing their usefullness due to a few people who continue to post non aeronuatical threads.

But when you chastise them for it, you become the problem.

Some do not realize that the job of moderator is a thankless job of policing the web page, and never stop to realize that with out the moderators giving ther time and efforts AOPA would never re-opened the fourms again. Instead of thanking the moderators thoes few folks criticize every thing they do.

Most of "those few folks" tend to fade away, possibly to harass another board. Unfortunately, others always seem to come in to take their place.

The Red boards at AOPA are fast loosing their usefullness due to a few people who continue to post non aeronuatical threads.

But when you chastise them for it, you become the problem.

Some do not realize that the job of moderator is a thankless job of policing the web page, and never stop to realize that with out the moderators giving ther time and efforts AOPA would never re-opened the fourms again. Instead of thanking the moderators thoes few folks criticize every thing they do.

Let's not bring this thing over here Tom...please.

Do they still even have a board?

No board there today. Mayhaps they are delayed in putting it back up, although they could be doing away with it altogether. A pity if so, I learned some valuable things there, despite the whining.

No board there today. Mayhaps they are delayed in putting it back up, although they could be doing away with it altogether. A pity if so, I learned some valuable things there, despite the whining.

I didn't see it either, not that I go over there much anymore.

It is there. The direct link, forums.aopa.org will get you there or from the front of AOPA.org you have to go to 'Membership', 'Membership-Benefits', 'Membership-Benefits-Aviation Forums'

Let's not bring this thing over here Tom...please.

Some day Frank you will be forced to realize that what is posted on these web boards is a personal opinion, and understand that what I posted at AOPA is an opinion that you and others must stop posting non aeronautical BS. because all you do is make the thankless job of moderators even more distastful.

I did not make the rules, I did not appoint the moderators, But I do defend the moderators and the job of policing the fourms. because with out them here or there we would not have any fourms to cuss or discus the issues we all have opinions on.

So.I'll repete it here too, you guys need to knock off the crap.

A gentle reminder on the part of the management council here - we ask that participants in the forums here refrain from discussions of the policies and enforcement thereof as they relate to other boards (including the "Red" board).

Thanks.

I believe I did say navigating the new AOPA website would be a bear. Glad I wasn't too far off the mark. Not bad though (better than their flash!). Wonder how long they took to develop it. I've watched other sites go thru the same total top down change (even did one myself). It's not all that easy.

Some day Frank you will be forced to realize that what is posted on these web boards is a personal opinion, and understand that what I posted at AOPA is an opinion that you and others must stop posting non aeronautical BS. because all you do is make the thankless job of moderators even more distastful.

I did not make the rules, I did not appoint the moderators, But I do defend the moderators and the job of policing the fourms. because with out them here or there we would not have any fourms to cuss or discus the issues we all have opinions on.

So.I'll repete it here too, you guys need to knock off the crap.

The more things change, the more they seem the same. :rolleyes:

Back