Sony handycam and Macbook pro

rchamble

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
rschamblee
I am having trouble uploading video from my sony handycam to my apple macbook pro. It will upload the pictures from the camera but it will not upload video. It says that the format is not recognized. Anybody have any suggestions or input??

No problems with mine. Are you trying to upload straight into iMovie or some application or are you moving the movie files to you 'puter and then working on them? I'm using iMovie '11 (version 9.something) and it'll read just about anything.

More details?

I am having trouble uploading video from my sony handycam to my apple macbook pro. It will upload the pictures from the camera but it will not upload video. It says that the format is not recognized. Anybody have any suggestions or input??

What type of connection are you using, what's the exact model number of your camera, and what type of software are you using on the MacBook Pro?

Note that some video cameras, such as my Canon HV20, store video on tape and store photos on an SD card. The photos are uploaded to the computer via USB, the video is uploaded via FireWire.

So, if you're able to get the pictures but not the video - Maybe you're not connecting to the correct interface on the camera?

Back