Sons progress....

I think you're saying the same thing as the FAR.

It doesn't say one way, it says Cross Country (<50NM ) and a total of 100 NM.
So its your call if you want to make it a one way or round trip..

61.129a2
(i) One cross-country flight of over 100 nautical miles total distance; and

It doesn't say one way, it says Cross Country (<50NM ) and a total of 100 NM.
So its your call if you want to make it a one way or round trip..

61.129a2
(i) One cross-country flight of over 100 nautical miles total distance; and

Well he did it last night. On his ride as I type. Called him when he was on his way to airport. He's nervous about the ride. Doesn't want to mess it up. Weather is good, but windy. ASOS at KJEF when I checked indicated winds 12kts G 18. I'm assuming they will use 27, which would make the xw component 13kts. Hopefully it will go well today. Should know mid afternoon.

So my son just called. Passed his oral portion. X winds at his home field (KJEF) were 13-15 knots. They decided to do the flight portion tomorrow.

So my son just called. Passed his oral portion. X winds at his home field (KJEF) were 13-15 knots. They decided to do the flight portion tomorrow.

I just saw your previous post and was going to wish him luck... It is nice to have the oral out of the way, that gets everyone nervous it seems..

Now he can be nervous all night again though... I am sure he will do fine...

It has been a bit bumpy the past couple of days..

I just saw your previous post and was going to wish him luck... It is nice to have the oral out of the way, that gets everyone nervous it seems..

Now he can be nervous all night again though... I am sure he will do fine...

It has been a bit bumpy the past couple of days..

Where are you at?

I am not sure why it doesn't show up under my picture, like it does for everyone else's. I even have it in there and everything.

I am out of New Century KIXD near Olathe KS.

Went to KJEF last Friday for Fried Chicken, with another member of this board.

Awesome. Tell your son, to quote Leslie Neilsen:

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

We both have control issues....lol. The PIC is something that needs to be discussed. Sometime this summer.

FTFY :D

Go fly with the boy...jiminy crickets...

Hmmm.....how much did the kid bribe you? Lol. Took him flying in November. He proceeded to tell me everything I did wrong. Haven't gotten used to him driving yet, and he's had his license for 5 years. I will this summer when I am not frazzled and on a short fuse.

Hmmm.....how much did the kid bribe you? Lol.
The truth is I do not have any children but man would I be proud of my son of he earned his PPC...

Took him flying in November. He proceeded to tell me everything I did wrong.

Was he accurate? :yes::dunno::no:

Haven't gotten used to him driving yet, and he's had his license for 5 years. I will this summer when I am not frazzled and on a short fuse.
Well let us know how it goes!!! I know you are proud and he is excited!

The truth is I do not have any children but man would I be proud of my son of he earned his PPC...

Was he accurate? :yes::dunno::no:

Well let us know how it goes!!! I know you are proud and he is excited!

Thanks. And he was not accurate at the time....you know...come to think of it my dad got smarter as I got older...lol:D

Thats rude.

To some, perhaps. Others will simply discuss getting their spouse professional counseling for their irrational fear.

That or their spouses have seen them drive and fly, and they're not irrational fears. ;)

I'd be concerned if my spouse were not concerned at all about me dying but wouldn't let me take a kid along. Says something.

Two Pilots on board is more dangerous than one, so figure out the PIC issue.. And try to keep your suggestions to a minimum, where possible...

Back