Sometimes you just have to

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
A recent email exchange between me and the source of an unobtainium part for my airplane.

Nicole at (company name redacted)

Thank you for your order! I want to discuss available shelf life on (hard to find grommet) We have a shelf life as follows. 51% We are unable to bring in fresh material until our current stock has depleted or expired. Would you still like us to send the part?

Me

Thank you for your concern. Yes, send the part as I will probably be changing it out again before the shelf life expires since this is a wear item. What I want to discuss is your astronomical shipping costs of $19.40 on a one ounce order. I could of mailed you a self addressed, postage paid USPS box which would have cost less than a third of your shipping cost which includes both ways. Can you please explain why your shipping costs are so high? I will add that if you weren't the only online shipper have the correct part, I would have gone somewhere else to order it.

And nope, I'm not going to tell you what the part is because someone will speak up that they have found it for free and/or have a metric buttload of them sitting in a box in their hangar. ;)

Back