Sometimes, it's the little things

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
I'm rarely excited about flying for work. I like the flying part, it's all the other TSA induced BS that I dislike.

However, I'm currently sitting at PHL (connecting through to ALB from RIC), and the flight pair I picked up has me on a Dash-8 from here to ALB. I just realized that I haven't flown in a prop driven plane since 2003... so I'm actually excited about the proposition. Yeah, it's a Dash-8, but it is better than a CRJ!

Cheers,

-Andrew

has me on a Dash-8 from here to ALB. I just realized that I haven't flown in a prop driven plane since 2003... so I'm actually excited about the proposition.

Got earplugs? A large percentage of service at CHA is still turboprop, mostly ATR. Noisy buggers.

Got earplugs? A large percentage of service at CHA is still turboprop, mostly ATR. Noisy buggers.

:yes:

Standard issue in my carryon/briefcase: Maxell noise-cancelling headset, Howard Leight MAX 33db earplugs, a Dell DJ and a container ful off Excedrin Migrane. If that doesn't make the noise go away... I don't know what will.

Cheers,

-Andrwe

I'm rarely excited about flying for work. I like the flying part, it's all the other TSA induced BS that I dislike.

However, I'm currently sitting at PHL (connecting through to ALB from RIC), and the flight pair I picked up has me on a Dash-8 from here to ALB. I just realized that I haven't flown in a prop driven plane since 2003... so I'm actually excited about the proposition. Yeah, it's a Dash-8, but it is better than a CRJ!

Cheers,

-Andrew

when I've flown into Hilton Head directly (versus SAV) it's always on a Dash-8. have fun!

:yes:

Standard issue in my carryon/briefcase: Maxell noise-cancelling headset, Howard Leight MAX 33db earplugs, a Dell DJ and a container ful off Excedrin Migrane. If that doesn't make the noise go away... I don't know what will.

I do:

I suggest a bottle of Macallan 12. Put everything but the earplugs away. :D

There were some frequent flyers complaining recently because the only Scotch that one airline carried to South America was Dewars.

There were some frequent flyers complaining recently because the only Scotch that one airline carried to South America was Dewars.
What airline? That is my Scotch of choice. Well, that and Laphroaig 12 for an after dinner libation. :wineglass:

-Skip

Back