Somethings you just can't polish

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
This was on the ramp in Austin this morning.

9999971142.jpg

Shoot. I almost mistook it for a P-40. Almost. Is that what the owner was hoping for?

Dan

For an airplane of this size and type I think something like this is more appropriate:

20aqq2x.jpg

New rule...burn 100LL you don't get to put 'mouth' paint jobs on your plane. WWII planes exempt.

Assuming it is sarcastic, I like it and think it is funny.

I'll bet it's paid for though...... Jes saying.

New rule...burn 100LL you don't get to put 'mouth' paint jobs on your plane. WWII planes exempt.

I was going to say "+1" but then realized that I can't think of a single jet that looks good with that paint scheme. It looks awesome on a P-40, but even most other WWII planes look odd with the shark teeth.

I was going to say "+1" but then realized that I can't think of a single jet that looks good with that paint scheme. It looks awesome on a P-40, but even most other WWII planes look odd with the shark teeth.

A10 Warthog.

Well, this one is just proof positive that money and brains are not synonymous :rolleyes2:

This one is interesting as well!

If it belongs to some zoo in the middle of the jungle it fits right in.

On the other hand the person who did this has some talent.

I like it...

Tony

I hope you are not suggesting the Flight Design airplanes are "turds"...?

Silly paint job...great airplanes.

Yeah, A10 definitely gets a pass!

a-10-warthog-tank-buster-1a.jpg

Whether or not the CTs are good airplanes or not doesn't change the fact they look like one of the pigs from angry birds

I doubt anyone is quite stupid enough to put a 3 blade prop on a Skycatcher.

And remember that Adam Savage proved beyond any doubt that it is indeed possible to polish a turd.

I love me some mythbusters.

I've been a fan since Day 1 when they attacked the airliner-lav-sucks-fat-woman's-butt-out myth. They have taught my 9 year old more physics than I knew in high school.

And they even floated a lead balloon.

My oldest is 6 and I will be sending him off to college with the full series on whatever technology replaces DVD / Blu-ray. I have learned a lot from them as well.

IIRC this Conquest II was flown around the world, I think the owner/pilot was from India (?). Anyway it was good either for luck or he had a tiger fetish.:D

If it belongs to some zoo in the middle of the jungle it fits right in.

On the other hand the person who did this has some talent.

I like it...

Tony

Back