Something not quite right...

Looks like a Stinson.

How on earth! Those things have some super tuff gear too

Simple. There is a fire truck in the way....

Next question: How did they get it off the runway?

Well, the water appears to be missing so the plane must have landed in a drought zone.

David

Water landing ,dry taxi ,forgot the gear.

Waldo Pepper must have pulled his landing gear bolts just before takeoff.

High wing? Is that the issue? That its not a Bonanza...

Definitely a Howard DGA, here's the front view:

20150925__centennial-hard-landing-4~p1.jpg

And another closer view.....gear is completely GONE. Like it sheared off on and got left behind at the beginning of the runway:

CPxwJXVUwAAP5qm.jpg

aircraft landings on any water in Colorado is illegal, so he was forced to do this due to bad laws. He should sue the state.

oh wait - that's not an amphib....

shed a tear for the poor airplane.

That'll rub out, with about $100,000 bucks

I listened to the LiveATC audio of it. The guy made a call that he had lost all elevator control. He made one more call and was cleared for any runway. It sounded on the second call like the plane was bumping around pretty badly. Ths subsequent audio from pilots wanting to taxi was interesting. The ground controller was asked by one pilot how long it would be before he could taxi. The controller told him "I don't know, we have a plane on the runway on fire, how long do you think it will take?". It doesn't look like there was a lot of fire from the pictures. It sounded a lot worse than it turned out to be luckily.

Carl

I listened to the LiveATC audio of it. The guy made a call that he had lost all elevator control. He made one more call and was cleared for any runway. It sounded on the second call like the plane was bumping around pretty badly. Ths subsequent audio from pilots wanting to taxi was interesting. The ground controller was asked by one pilot how long it would be before he could taxi. The controller told him "I don't know, we have a plane on the runway on fire, how long do you think it will take?". It doesn't look like there was a lot of fire from the pictures. It sounded a lot worse than it turned out to be luckily.

Carl
I tell you what, if he had lost elevator control, he did one damn fine job of putting that airplane down with relatively little damaged considering the circumstances.

Be interesting to hear what the control problem was.

Back