Something else for Marvin the Martian to get ticked off about

Wonder what the advantage of that design is over an off the shelf quadcopter?

You get a lot more efficiency out of larger blades. I'm sure efficiency is a key on Mars, since they have relatively little solar power with which to recharge batteries.

You get a lot more efficiency out of larger blades. I'm sure efficiency is a key on Mars, since they have relatively little solar power with which to recharge batteries.

And a very thin atmosphere.

I was hoping someone actually said, “...with you...” in the video. Any traffic in the are, color me disappointed.

Because this one may eventually fly in an atmosphere that is 150 time less dense than Earth's.

I sorta expected to see....'coming soon to a theater near you' at the end....

But still cool..!!!

I designed a set of lift blades that sort of resemble a turbofan blade. Waiting on prototyping and flight testing. One problem with micro-atmosphere ops is insufficient heat exchange, unless said micro-atmo is near-vacuum and on the cold side of the object from which aerial ops are taking place. In which case, however, solar power becomes less reliable.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Who's going to retrieve it when it get stuck in a tree?

I am curious, though, who was was holding the camera for that video.

Let's only hope they have this!
UAS-Certificate-Front.png

Multi-copters are convenient for low cost hobby stuff where you can use simple motor speed instead of mechanical blade control, but beyond that they pretty much are at a disadvantage when it comes to aerodynamics, efficiency, etc.

Back