Something About Which to Smile

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I had my latest aviation medical exam on Aug. 15. Ken Wolf has done all four of mine and is always wearing a happy face. I joked with the lady who administered my field vision test if she had been flying in Dr. Wolf's R-22 helicopter. She had, and said she enjoyed it, as had others of the rather large office staff.

Then I got to see Dr. Ken. Smiling, as usual, he said that he was deferring to OKC, dictated some affirmative recommendations and continued, "You still have a couple weeks on your current medical. Get out there and fly. By the time it expires OKC will probably have the new one in your mailbox."

Today, reading an on-line advertisement, I can see why Ken was smiling.

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/brochure3.htm

Now I'm wondering: what did he do with the Mitsubishi MU-2?

HR

Lawreston said:
I had my latest aviation medical exam on Aug. 15. Ken Wolf has done all four of mine and is always wearing a happy face. I joked with the lady who administered my field vision test if she had been flying in Dr. Wolf's R-22 helicopter. She had, and said she enjoyed it, as had others of the rather large office staff.
Any AME with a R22 has got to be a good guy :yes:

I'm going for mine tomorrow with an AME who flies a Pitts in aerobatic competitions...

So he got to afford the Esclipse with what YOU paid him. How's it feel to know a celebrity?

silver-eagle said:
So he got to afford the Esclipse with what YOU paid him. How's it feel to know a celebrity?
;) We, around here, don't think of Ken as a celebrity; just an all-around nice guy who does a lot with and for flying and flyers. Long before I started flight lessons I'd known him because my other camera store in Lewiston used to do all his office photo-finishing. Hence I've eyeballed a lot of eyeball photos.
If you were to do research on laser surgery you'd probably find Ken's name referenced, he being a pioneer in that field.

http://www.wolfeye.com/meet drwolf.htm

HR

Last edited:
Back