someone in Houston look at this plane

I'm still on 4 or 5 mailing lists, most of them mailman. With these groups, it's a tradition thing. It's the way it started, it's the way it's always done, and it's the way it will always be done. A couple of the lists still forbid attachments and largely frown upon HTML based mail. Plaint text preferable.
I'm still on a half dozen or so lists though I turned off the digest some ime ago. Most of mine are now just work related.
I do miss alt.humor and I few of the other similar ones. I even had a routine to do the super secret encryption - ROT13.

What is that fan belt doing wired to the top of the engine?!

Really.... fan belt????

My guess is that the alternator belt is a spare in case the primary one fails. If the belt breaks the propeller has to be removed to install another one, this way the belt is already in position, just needs to be un-wired and slid over the alternator pulley.

Really.... fan belt????

My guess is that the alternator belt is a spare in case the primary one fails. If the belt breaks the propeller has to be removed to install another one, this way the belt is already in position, just needs to be un-wired and slid over the alternator pulley.

I thought maybe it was like suspenders for the mags. o_O

Really.... fan belt????

Correct. My Arrow had that setup when I bought it. I removed that hodgepodge when I got it home (mine was secured to a fuel spider line on one). I didn't like the setup, never mind the AD for fuel line visual inspection that specifically addresses the potential for these spider lines to fracture and spew fuel all over the top of the engine and kapow here comes the inflight fire. But yes, that is the intent behind such setups.

Last edited:
The dude wants a fkng grumman. Or a Bo. But most likely a grumman. Let the man have his plane and fly it too, for cryin out loud. you know what I'm talkin about?

for those of you having trouble understanding this, I punched my post into a Jive translator (http://funtranslations.com/jive), maybe this will help you understand:

In Jive...
De dude wants's some fkng grumman. 'S coo', bro. Or some Bo. But most likesly some grumman. 'S coo', bro. Let da damn dude gotss' his plane and fly it too, fo' cryin out loud. ya' know whut I'm rapin about?

OMG!!! :rofl:

Back