Somehow I don't see any US carriers doing this

US carriers don't allow civilians to deploy, unless they have a security clearance. ;)

On the blooper roll Santa tells a woman that asked for socks she will wish she asked for a large TV.

On the blooper roll Santa tells a woman that asked for socks she will wish she asked for a large TV.

I would have asked for Anna Kendrick or Rosario Dawson. Somehow I don't think I would have gotten my present.

This is not just a feel good thing. It's also very effective marketing.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...marketing/article15847601/#dashboard/follows/

"The video cost much less to produce than a typical TV spot, according to WestJet – though the company wouldn’t comment on the precise cost, referring only to “Santa” and “miracles.” Eighteen cameras were hidden at Calgary’s airport, in addition to the video screens for live Santa interaction. WestJet paid for ads on Facebook and Twitter, pointing viewers to the video, and made a public relations push. Still, the ability to reach a million people in a single day without paying the premium that television airtime demands would be attractive for any marketer."

The hell with the bloopers roll how about Russian airplane wash? :yes::yes::yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBENjxvbKO8

It is funny how our perception of Russian woman have changed since the cold war. During those heady days, all photos of Russia were always in black and white, and their woman were always shown as being old, fat, and ugly. They were usually sweeping the streets with straw brooms or working in iron foundry's or some other factory type job that were normally only performed by men here.

-John

Have always liked WestJet. Seem to have a clue in a sea of cluelessness.

Have always liked WestJet. Seem to have a clue in a sea of cluelessness.

There may be a reason for that:
Q Do you think a union would present a threat to WestJet’s culture?
A Yeah. Absolutely. Union is we and they, and WestJet is us. WestJet is all about a culture that collaborates to come to agreements that are in the interest of all parties. When you get to a union, it’s about how much I can extract. The more, the better, and I think a lot of the shared interests go away in that environment. Even in our industry, ask any Air Canada pilot or flight attendant how well ACPA or CUPE has protected them from all the nasty things that have happened to them. The only protection, ultimately, that anyone has is a profitable business.
http://business.financialpost.com/2...tsky-talks-about-tensions-in-westjetter-land/

It is funny how our perception of Russian woman have changed since the cold war. During those heady days, all photos of Russia were always in black and white, and their woman were always shown as being old, fat, and ugly. They were usually sweeping the streets with straw brooms or working in iron foundry's or some other factory type job that were normally only performed by men here.

-John

That's because that's all they had back then. The ones they have now were all genetically engineered !

I'm not a union supporter, and I agree that unions are generally toxic to company culture. However, I will point out that Southwest Airlines has been able to maintain a fairly healthy culture and profitable business for decades, despite being heavily unionized. Frankly, I'm surprised that the unions haven't screwed it up yet, but perhaps that's due in part to the most toxic unions not being represented at Southwest. I'm sure that management practices play a role as well. One thing that I've learned over the years, with both for-profits and non-profits, is that the culture is established from the very top of the organization. Most folks won't swim very far when the guy upstream is stocking the water with sharks.

JKG

The plane taxied around for an hour? Are kids that gullible? I was hoping they'd take a one-hour flight to some random snow-covered airport in Canada where Santa was waiting. Lame.

"The plane, provided by Delta Air Lines, ran its engines full blast down the runway in a simulated takeoff. Delta pilot Jim Breaugh, who volunteered to captain the plane, explained to the children that they needed to keep their window shades down because the flight path was secret."

OK, that makes a little more sense....

The plane taxied around for an hour? Are kids that gullible? I was hoping they'd take a one-hour flight to some random snow-covered airport in Canada where Santa was waiting. Lame.

Then all the kiddos and mom and Santa would need passports. Thank the DHS for that.

Back