Somebody's gonna get fired at the FAA for this!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I just got my new pilot's certificate in only 60 days after doing a checkride for an add-on rating. It took almost twice that last time...

Not just me either -- a friend did his CFI renewal with a FSDO guy a couple of weeks before my checkride and had the same 60 day turnaround too...

What's this world coming to? :dunno:

must be the helicopter division. since you are probably the only one still flying them things they aren't that busy in that department.

Michael

RotaryWingBob said:
I just got my new pilot's certificate in only 60 days after doing a checkride for an add-on rating. It took almost twice that last time...

Not just me either -- a friend did his CFI renewal with a FSDO guy a couple of weeks before my checkride and had the same 60 day turnaround too...

What's this world coming to? :dunno:

I'm also amazed. When I was at Oshkosh on July 31st I requested new certificates with a change in my certificate number away from the SSN. I just got the new certificates in the mail today. That's less than three weeks.

Jeannie ~ PPASEL-IA BGI

This from the FAA's Airman Certification page today
We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates with an approximate issue date of June 20, 2005
They've been running in the 60 day range for at least a year or so (another forum I watched several new pilots get theirs in aprox. that time last year). Despite the fact the DPE told me to expect mine right as the 120 day temp was about to expire (and depite the fact Sky Hog got his about a week before me, even though my ride was about a week before his..... B) ).

Oh its for Rotorcraft? They farm that out to either Mattel or Hasbro, I can't remember. :)

T Bone said:
This from the FAA's Airman Certification page today
They've been running in the 60 day range for at least a year or so (another forum I watched several new pilots get theirs in aprox. that time last year). Despite the fact the DPE told me to expect mine right as the 120 day temp was about to expire (and depite the fact Sky Hog got his about a week before me, even though my ride was about a week before his..... B) ).

The FAA loves me. What can I say?

They offered me my Comm Rating wthout a checkride, but I told them I wanted to learn everything first, just to be fair.

Anthony said:
Oh its for Rotorcraft? They farm that out to either Mattel or Hasbro, I can't remember. :)
Anthony, Anthony. Restrain thyself :yes:

If thine right hand worketh not the cyclic, and thine left worketh not the collective, and thine feet have to do something funky when turning, then I pity thee...

Not even birds have fixed wings :heli:

Dammit, get your butt out here so we can have a brew together :cheers:

It's your turn to be the girl in the emoticon :goofy:

Don't tell anyone, but some of us just happen to work for the FAA and it is rare we get a pat on the back for doing our jobs.

The turn around time is getting alot better since several new people have been hired to assist in issuing 560,000 new credit cards certificates at airman records. You may want to send a simple letter telling the person who issued your certifice thanks. A little pat on the back seems to make people work better and faster. Now with the cut backs at the FSDO's (30%) it getting harder to get the applications sent to airman records on time with less man power.

Just one persons opinion.

Stache

NickDBrennan said:
The FAA loves me. What can I say?

They offered me my Comm Rating wthout a checkride, but I told them I wanted to learn everything first, just to be fair.
:rofl: :D :rofl:

Stache said:
Don't tell anyone, but some of us just happen to work for the FAA and it is rare we get a pat on the back for doing our jobs.

The turn around time is getting alot better since several new people have been hired to assist in issuing 560,000 new credit cards certificates at airman records. You may want to send a simple letter telling the person who issued your certifice thanks. A little pat on the back seems to make people work better and faster. Now with the cut backs at the FSDO's (30%) it getting harder to get the applications sent to airman records on time with less man power.

Just one persons opinion.

Stache
Not a bad idea, but how do you tell who issued it?

Back