Some thoughts on a new Compass

NorthEast Ohio

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
NorthEast Ohio
Last November, first snowstorm of the year, and my kid slides into the car in front of him and totals the Family Truckster, as teenage boys are wont to do. No more minivans for wifey, she wants something fun: a Jeep Compass. We test drive a new 2022, but it’s under powered. The 2023s are being upgraded to a turbo charged engine, but due to supply chain issues, they are late coming off the assembly line—months late.
Fast forward four months to today and the local dealer finally gets one in to test drive. The wife loves the styling, the vroom-vroom and the growl of the turbo, but it’s the wrong color. It’s not black. ‘But wait,’ says the salesman, we’re getting a delivery right now. And he literally backs a new black Compass off the trailer and says, ‘how about this one.’
Sold!

My compass is black too ...

10-00496x.jpg

A Jeep Compass is one vehicle that has never been and would never be on my radar. I don't view it as being any different than your big three Japanese compact SUV's in other than some academic and mostly impractical ways. If I need an off road vehicle, I might get a Wrangler, but I personally think it is pointless to pay a premium for the Jeep name for a run of the mill SUV that isn't going to leave the pavement.

But then again my Sentra is just as fun to drive as an Acura TLX. They are both four door sedans. They both have power steering, windows, door locks and air conditioning. They both accomplish the mission equally as well - it's just that one does it a lot more economically than the other. (I actually think the Sentra is more comfortable BTW.)

Jeep Compass is fun little ride. Jeep quality with Italians not so much fun.

I would suggest a new correction card, too.
So with reports of the poles switching north to south and the earths core stopping; how often should we update the correction card?

If it is what the wife wants, then my congratulations on the purchase. Kinda hard to go wrong w/ that approach.

Back