Some thing for the troupes this Christmas

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Many of you know I have a son in law serving in Iraq, I asked my daughter what he would like for Christmas. She told me a phone card. This gave me an idea about what folks on this web page could do in a personal way for a service person now on active duty in Iraq. The calls home are expensive for the troupes, and the lines are long at the phone centers, this is the way troupes can use their cell phones to call home for Christmas

There are 2 ways we can do this if you wish.

Go to this page and follow the instructions.

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=7291

The second requires trusting me a little.

Buy a phone card of any amount you like, place it into an envelope along with a note, "wishing you well this Christmas Yada Yada--- what ever you wish to say" and mail it to me, I will place all the envelopes into a box and send it to My son-in-law, he can hand them out to his company.

Tom Downey
1319 S/W Looking Glass Loop
Oak Harbor, Wa 98277

Last edited:
When Imus mentioned that the injured soldiers at Walter Reed wanted cards, I wrote an email at work, which went up through the chain and it turned out we were sending a bunch.

Tom .. that's a great idea.

My daughter's boyfriend just went over there a few days ago with
the Army. He's going to be at Anoconda.

RT

Tom .. that's a great idea.

My daughter's boyfriend just went over there a few days ago with
the Army. He's going to be at Anoconda.

RT

May God go with him, and return him safe to you.

When Imus mentioned that the injured soldiers at Walter Reed wanted cards, I wrote an email at work, which went up through the chain and it turned out we were sending a bunch.

It is a direct and personal way to support the troupes. We appreciate all you do.

Tom, is there any particular type of phone card that is best to get, or should be avoided? I.E., do we want to get Sprint, AT&T, whatever?

Tom, is there any particular type of phone card that is best to get, or should be avoided? I.E., do we want to get Sprint, AT&T, whatever?

I really have no clue as to which is preferred.

My cousin opened a Skype account (its free) and he can talk on his computer as long as he wants to for free. I can call him with a local number. I know a lot of the soldiers don't have their own computers and have to wait in long lines for 30 min on line but if they do have their own they could do the same thing.

Back