Some text is unreadable in command prompt

infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
I recently installed one of the free ATC simulators on my computer and I noticed that all the text is not clear, especially numbers.
Thinking it was the software I installed a different program, and noticed the same problem. Any clues what is wrong, or how to fix it?

I recently installed one of the free ATC simulators on my computer and I noticed that all the text is not clear, especially numbers.
Thinking it was the software I installed a different program, and noticed the same problem. Any clues what is wrong, or how to fix it?

It sounds like you may have anti-aliasing on your graphics card turned on (which can cause the lines and text on your screen look somewhat blurry).

Does it look something like this??
anti_aliased.png

If so, disable anti-aliasing on your video card. If you don't know how to do that, post which make/model video card you have and I can try to steer you in the right direction. :D

Last edited:
Hey Jason, Nope, it just looks like some of the text has been replaced with the old school curor, (a few random pixles in a rectangle) where the text should be.
It is pretty frustrating, although my performance is none to stellar on the program itself!

I wonder if the program is trying to use a font that isn't installed on your computer?

In the old days the monitor could get screwed up when messing with different graphics. Try mode con:cols=80 lines=25 This changes the dos window to 80 columns and 25 lines.

If that works, try changing the selected font by clicking on the upper left corner of the dos window and click on properties. Then experiment with the font size and type.

Back