Some questions before I go in to take my 3rd class medical

A

anonymous_medical

Last year, I was prescribed Amitryptiline by my doctor for migraines. I was on the medicine for about 3 months, then my doctor said my migraines were successfully treated and I was taken off the medication. I got a note from the doctor saying I was off the medication. About 3 months after that, I went back in to see the doc, and he examined me and wrote me a signed note saying I had been off the meds for 90 days without any side effects.

I am pursuing my PPL, so my question is: are there any other steps I should take before going to see an AME? I know Amitryptiline is not an approved medication, so I am trying to take all necessary steps before going to try and get my 3rd class medical.

Thanks.

Last year, I was prescribed Amitryptiline by my doctor for migraines. I was on the medicine for about 3 months, then my doctor said my migraines were successfully treated and I was taken off the medication. I got a note from the doctor saying I was off the medication. About 3 months after that, I went back in to see the doc, and he examined me and wrote me a signed note saying I had been off the meds for 90 days without any side effects.

I am pursuing my PPL, so my question is: are there any other steps I should take before going to see an AME? I know Amitryptiline is not an approved medication, so I am trying to take all necessary steps before going to try and get my 3rd class medical.

Thanks.

Yes: read post #7 here.

Do not just walk into a medical exam without being 100% sure you are going to be issued.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back