Some older attachments removed

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Due to space limits, I had to clear out some of the older attachments. All of them were posted prior to April 1, and I didn't clear out any more than necessary to allow for attachments to continue being posted prior to the move.

Still, I thought you ought to know.

(Attachments will, hopefully, eventually be set to auto-delete after 90 days, but we're not there yet.)

See, this is why we're upgrading!!!

CH

It's good that you allow attachments. Another board that I am a staff member for only allows links to files stored elsewhere. It does cut down on this problem, though.

I thought one of the benefits of the new server was more space?

sshekels said:
I thought one of the benefits of the new server was more space?
I thought my news announcement said we're getting READY to move... :)

We haint moved hyet!

AHH! I _thought_ this was on the NEW server that you were removing attachments!

LOL. I read the other thread, then read this one, and thought it refered to the new server you were working on....

Nevermind, I'll just go back to my compiler.....

While we're on the subject of space, I must be doing something wrong posting pics. Mine are still showing up full size (I've been clicking the photo icon in the post, then entering the URL). How do I do the clickable thumbnail's (and thus multiple pics in one post) that I've seen others use? Thanks.

T Bone said:
While we're on the subject of space, I must be doing something wrong posting pics. Mine are still showing up full size (I've been clicking the photo icon in the post, then entering the URL). How do I do the clickable thumbnail's (and thus multiple pics in one post) that I've seen others use? Thanks.
What you're doing is referring to an image on another server with an image tag. The file stays on the other server - we simply end up giving your browser a pointer to that file.

The clickable thumbnail happens automatically when you add the file to your post as an attachment by clicking the Manage Attachments button below the Submit/Preview/Spellcheck buttons in the Additional Options section.

Blah. Greebo == Moron.

It turns out I never needed to delete the old attachments. I had intended the upper attachment limit to be 1,000,000,000 bytes, but instead had dropped a zero (cause we don't put commas in these settings) and had limited the data to 100,000,000 bytes. In other words, the limit was supposed to be approximately 1 Gigabyte but instead the limit was approximately 100 megabytes.

I've updated the attachment quota to exactly 1 gigabyte properly now. 1,073,741,824 bytes, to be precise.

Back