Some of my Sedona landing pictures.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
When I flew up to sedona with my grandson he took these pictures in the landing pattern. What do you think, some say it is a tough place to land?

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0177_1.JPG
    IMG_0177_1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0179_1.JPG
    IMG_0179_1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 54
Landed there many times. It's not at all difficult; just like any other airport.

One of the scariest places I've landed was W00 near D.C. at night. Power lines on finals, trees, low lighting, short runway, ADIZ was literally right next to it.....

Nice pictures! It's a beautiful place, isn't it.

-Felix

it was the time I went, G25 xwinds - was going from full power to idle to maintain glidepath!

I don't see what's tough about that, either- it's basically on a plateau, with ground dropping away all around. Other than maybe some weird wind effects from time to time, that's all good. I think a lot of pilots are freaked out by runways on plateaus and mesas, near cliffs, or sticking out into the water... but it's illogical.

That runway looks a little short considering the altitude...

I think in this case looks are deceiving, as this runway is listed as 5132 Ft. long and 100 Ft. wide. Almost a mile long isn't really a short runway. :D

I think in this case looks are deceiving, as this runway is listed as 5132 Ft. long and 100 Ft. wide. Almost a mile long isn't really a short runway. :D

Especially not in a 182! :D

Taking off from Leadville at 12,200 DA, takeoff roll was about 2,000 feet.

You were nowhere near gross, though.

Well, I was actually trying to figure out how close I was. I did have a LOT of crap along - not only my big heavy loaded hockey bag full of stuff for 3 weeks, but also a couple of boxes of audio/video equipment and Sheri with all her stuff. With full fuel, we were actually within 100 pounds of gross, I think. However, we didn't have full fuel. Punching things into Skyvector, it looks like we would have burned about 2.5 hours or 200 lbs of fuel since our last fuel stop (KFOM). So, 300 under gross I guess. Still, that won't make the difference between 2000 and 7000 feet of runway used. :no:

I don't think he is but, I have had several people tell me they thought he was GROSS. :D:smile:

:rofl:

Well, I was actually trying to figure out how close I was. I did have a LOT of crap along - not only my big heavy loaded hockey bag full of stuff for 3 weeks, but also a couple of boxes of audio/video equipment and Sheri with all her stuff. With full fuel, we were actually within 100 pounds of gross, I think. However, we didn't have full fuel. Punching things into Skyvector, it looks like we would have burned about 2.5 hours or 200 lbs of fuel since our last fuel stop (KFOM). So, 300 under gross I guess. Still, that won't make the difference between 2000 and 7000 feet of runway used. :no:
No, it won't.

Back