Some Airbus symbols....

Yes, thanks. So what route do you enter in the secondary F-PLN?
Can you enter a normal SID in SEC F-PLN?
Do you use the SEC F-PLN in other cases?

Thanks

The secondary use is entirely up to the crew. Some prefer to use it for an EO procedure, some use it if they think ATC will assign a different departure than the one assigned, some use it for a possible different runway, etc. Same for arrival and approach, the secondary is a good source to put in a different runway.

The secondary acts just like the primary, just gives you another tool in the toolbox.

Thanks,

So when you insert SEC F-PLN, does that F-PLN become primary?

So you enter a SID but the plane will follow EOSID if Engines have failed, isn't it?

Thanks

I think after another month of this I'll be ready for my Airbus 320 FO sign off. Keep the questions coming. :D

Thanks a lot,

Coming back to the symbols:
There are dashed yellow line before we insert primary F-PLN, isn't it?
There is a white line before we ibsert secondary F-PLN, isn't it?

PS: Do we have roll trim during flare?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot,

Coming back to the symbols:
There are dashed yellow line before we insert primary F-PLN, isn't it?
There is a white line before we ibsert secondary F-PLN, isn't it?

I believe so, honestly I never pay attention to it.

Thanks a lot!

No, the plane trims itself, there are no trim inputs from the pilot.

By the way R&W: F-COM says that SEC F-PLN is white on ND before INSERT and EO SID is always yellow when not active. But if we enter EO SID in SEC F-PLN, what is EO SID color before INSERT?

Thanks!

By the way R&W: F-COM says that SEC F-PLN is white on ND before INSERT and EO SID is always yellow when not active. But if we enter EO SID in SEC F-PLN, what is EO SID color before INSERT?

Thanks!

OK, I kinda feel like I'm back in Procedures training ;)

Honestly I do better if I'm looking at the box doing this. I have a full A320 cockpit simulator, I'll get it and plug it in to my laptop and I can do this stuff live.

Considering all the types you know, have you considered putting out a systems training course? I bet there are enough young aspiring airline pilots with enough interest to make it worth your while, and if it's good information, it would be a good value.

Back