Solo!

Aviatrix

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Aviatrix
I soloed yesterday! It was definitely exciting and long awaited. Changing schools was the best decision.

I actually figured out my own problem since my new instructor was much harder on me about climbing out at Vy is what made me realize it. I was sitting too low in the seat. Yesterday was the first lesson (the lesson before we had an electrical failure before take off) that we got to try it and instantly all my landings were amazing! After 6 landings, he got out and I soloed! It was so great. I loved looking at that empty seat!

Attachments

• 944643_2234310054685_473161680_n.jpg
    944643_2234310054685_473161680_n.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 102
Way to go, Aviatrix!!!! Congratulations. You stuck with despite your CFI problems and it paid off. Solo is fun, huh? Nice to see your CFI stuck with the shirt tail tradition. Be sure you save it for posterity.

Congrats! I have always had to use pillows to see out properly. In both Pipers and Cessnas, but especially Cessnas. Enjoy the rest of your journey :)

Congrats!!!! I'm glad you stuck with it and didn't give in when you were frustrated.

Next up, some cross country's :)

Congrats another aviator joins the flock.

Congrats on the solo. Just wait til the X-country solo!

That first solo is such an amazing and unbelievable feeling that everything else pales by comparison. Enjoy, and congratulations!

Didja tell your instructor how much better the airplane flew without him in it?

'Cause I'm sure it was quite a lot.

Congrats.

Back