SOLO!

BigAL

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BigAL
Solo'd this afternoon, did 2 t&g's then had to get back to work...and there was some rain comming(although it never got here, I'm a chicken so far.:redface:)

Went back and did 3 more t&g's, first two were the best I've done yet.

Wx was better at 6:30 when I went up than at 3:30 at my actual first solo.

Plane was a very different, small 2 seater w/out another 170#'s makes a difference...BIG TIME. I feel I now have my 90HP that the book says it has.

Anyway. It was fun. Thanks for look'n. Next lesson is tomorrow.

Congrats. Enjoy the ride. Nothing is quite as climactic as your first solo, unless you become a non-solo member of the mile high club.

Write your notes down about how you felt so you can always look back. Its an amazing feeling isn't it?

Congratulations! Nothing like your first Solo, but then the fun just gets better and better.

Congrats Al, keep up the good work. And YES the plane does feel totally differant without the added baggage.
Dave G.

Fly'n an aircoupe alon a-2.

To be honest, I was happier when I smoked my first real good brisket and the look on the wife/kids' faces.:dunno: I am real comfortable in the coupe when I'm alone and I wasn't nervous.

But I'm sure they could see the smile on my face after the first landing.:D

I'll be happier when I can take the kids up and take the family somewhere.

Thanks all.

To be honest, I was happier when I smoked my first real good brisket and the look on the wife/kids' faces.:dunno:
Well, at least you didn't psych yourself out about the solo...:D

I remember being pretty pleased after my first solo, but much more so after my first solo X-C... it's a great feeling, making a plan and executing it properly, without any help.
After all, most of us want to go from A to B, not just fly in the pattern. :D

Congrats Big Al !!!! It is the best feeling, and like everyone sez, it only gets better... BTW not flyin because of WX is not being chicken, its being smart. Keep going

To be honest, I was happier when I smoked my first real good brisket and the look on the wife/kids' faces.:dunno: I am real comfortable in the coupe when I'm alone and I wasn't nervous.

But I'm sure they could see the smile on my face after the first landing.:D

Thanks all.
Congratulations, Al! Being a little chicken is not a bad thing! :no: However, I hope you're not planning to take the family somewhere in the Aircoupe! :no:

Congratulations, Al! Being a little chicken is not a bad thing! :no: However, I hope you're not planning to take the family somewhere in the Aircoupe! :no:

LOL! Can hardly take the CFI.:rofl:

Congrats, Big Al!

You're lucky your CFI was there to give you another shot. I would have said he owed you the last landing.

On my first landing, just as a cleared the runway MY PAGER WENT OFF. Now I'm remembering that the job was trying to kill me even way back then.

Back