Solo XC

Jhernandez04

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
TheHulk
Finally did my XC with my instructor two days ago and now I'll be doing my solo XC today.

ADM to DUC

DUC to ADH

ADH to ADM

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck! When I did mine...nervous as hell for the first 5 minutes of the flight then became just nervouse but more and more comfortable as the flight went on. By the time I got back...I was loving it!

I feel like its the right time, not too nervous. Ready to prove to myself and family....

Everyone thinks Im crazy, except my 72 year old grandmother who went with us on my dual XC. She was RN for 43 years and has had to take patients in 210 cessnas. She loved it.

Long solo XC is always great fun and a great learning experience! BTW I didn't recognize the airport identifiers so I plugged them into Skyvector as a flight plan and found the total distance to be 149.1 nm... same in Foreflight (149 nm). Is this to be your "long solo XC" or just your first solo XC? Or have they reduced the distance required for the long solo? It used to be 150 nm, and the DPE might be a stickler and not accept 149. I don't see any point in cutting it THAT close anyway. (Unless, of course, it's no longer 150... maybe they cut it down to 100? :dunno: )

lol i think that may be an issue the 149 there should be a comfort zone of +-1 KBLM to Atlantic city is 49.55 or something like that and you cant do a cross country there.

This was my short xc.

My long will be Friday.

Report: the xc went great, landmarks were pretty easy. Had a few problems...

1.)Locating DUC from the air, took some flying around to find it.
2.) had flight following from ftworth (adm to DUC) was told to squawk to 122.6 so I put my radio on 122.6 and heard nothing until I switched to DUC traffic and heard them call my N number and I replied, they asked me if I was okay cause flight following couldn't reach me. Oooops :(
3.) ADH didn't have a ATIS report, so I got in the pattern and announced I was in a downwind for 17, crossed midfield to realize the windsock was telling me I needed to land on 35, turned out of the downwind and reported a base leg for 35 and then short final for 35. Went smooth

Felt soooo good!

Good work. Flying solo to a different airport is a great feeling. Enjoy the long solo on Friday!

Back