Solo student lands with missing left main

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Looks like he did a greaser , fantastic job

Wow great job. Seemed like he held his cool.

Great Job staying cool!
Thought this was going to be a juxtaposed about the girl a few months ago...

Looking at some associated articles it looks like he whacked a sign on a previous T&G that sheared his gear off. That's gotta suck...

Looking at some associated articles it looks like he whacked a sign on a previous T&G that sheared his gear off. That's gotta suck...
Well still kudos for keeping cool after a big f-up. Would be easy after almost crashing to just go numb. Seemed to handle radios well and not freak out.

He did a great job. The audio recording left me with this question, however: how usual, or unusual, is it for a tower not to have a readily available list of emergency contact numbers for schools located at the airport?

Tower and airport staff spent a good deal of time on the recording, trying to find a contact number for the school. I would have thought that in a Class-D airport, information about planes and schools should be more readily available.

He did a great job. The audio recording left me with this question, however: how usual, or unusual, is it for a tower not to have a readily available list of emergency contact numbers for schools located at the airport?

Tower and airport staff spend a good deal of time on the recording, trying to find a contact number for the school. I would have thought that in a Class-D airport, information about planes and schools should be more readily available.

I bet they do now!

Well - not sure about the sign he hit, but on that landing he missed all of the really expensive signs... that's a plus! It also sounds like staying in the pattern for a few circuits probably helped him get past the panic and get the best landing possible.

On one of my early training landings, I got caught up in the ground effect and the engine quit! The instructor said; "Now you have no choice but to land!" I got the Ercoupe down but boy was I shaken and I was with my CFI! That guy did a heck of a job!

Eight minutes in before they ask him what flight school he is with after wasting time trying to get hold of ATP. I think he said Sequoia?

Tower and airport staff spent a good deal of time on the recording, trying to find a contact number for the school. I would have thought that in a Class-D airport, information about planes and schools should be more readily available.

Eight minutes in before they ask him what flight school he is with after wasting time trying to get hold of ATP. I think he said Sequoia?

I watched this one when it initially came out a few months ago and from what I read, he wasn't associated with any of the big schools on the field (ATP being the biggest). Hence the confusion.

Many years ago, when I was solo student, I made the mistake of using full flaps in a strong crosswind. Excitement ensued following a bounce. The tower certainly had the number for my flight school then as in "3JT nearly took out a building just now" but the school never said a word until I mentioned it much later.

Sequoia is what I heard also, and some other word before that sounded like koro/coro?

Handled well!

I was thinking about what I would do: I’m thinking as slow approach as possible and land as if I had a crosswind from hell coming from my good gear side... yea? Ney?

Back