For Sale SOLD--- GNS 530W for sale

arkvet

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Edit (5-15) : $8,000 shipped

I just upgraded my GPS and now have a GNS 530W for sale. I bought my PA32-301 (N651ED) in 2015 and the 530 was a non-WAAS. I took it to my avionics shop fall 2015 and had it WAAS upgraded.

I have all paperwork / documents / quick user guide / etc... that came with it at that time.

It's in mint condition and was working fine when it was slid out of the tray 4-13-17.

The 530W will come with the install kit that came with my Avidyne 550 IFD. This includes the tray, connectors, back plate, etc ($650 install kit from avidyne) The only thing that will not be included is the GPS antenna that I obviously still needed for my new gps.

$9,000 and I'll cover shipping. I suppose paypal is the best way to go about it but would also be happy to do a face to face transaction. I'm in northeast Arkansas, not too far from Memphis.

I will post some pictures from my phone shortly.

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing pictures. Any idea on the date of manufacture? I will likely put this in front of my avionics guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to upload pics from my phone but the forum isn't being nice. May have to email them to myself and upload them from a pc.

I do not know the mfg date but can look in my logs and likely find out. I want to think mid 2000's was when it was originally installed (new).

I don't know if that mfg date is relevant though. To my knowledge when it was WAAS upgraded in September 2015 it came back basically new.

You're taking all of the fun out of this....

[snark]
We know you
You have more than 250 prior posts and are considered something of a regular
You have contributed to other conversations
We can't pester you about putting pencils with the photo of the unit
We can't nag you that you're selling potentially stolen or fictitious goods.
[/snark]

<chuckle> couldn't resist a few pokes in your ribs

Lol. I actually took a selfie with it and was planning to issue the first "poke". :p

Pic one

Attachments

• IMG_2624.JPG
    IMG_2624.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 116
Pic 2 (and I apologize if I should be able to lump these pics into one reply. I can't make that happen)

Attachments

• IMG_2625.JPG
    IMG_2625.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 79
Pic 3

Attachments

• IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 74
Any additional pictures or information just ask.

The gps was removed from N651ED (my personal plane) that is seen in be background of some of the pics.

My name is Brent Reddick. Look up the N# to see that it checks out. I can also give you the avionics shop phone number that just did the swap for me... if there are still any doubters.:p

When you had the 530 WAAS upgraded Garmin should have sent you the new WAAS antenna -that is their standard policy included in the upgrade fixed price it charges. If your avionics shop did the WAAS installation for you after you got the 530 back from Garmin the antenna on your plane should not need to be changed again for the Avidyne.

If your avionics shop did the WAAS installation for you after you got the 530 back from Garmin the antenna on your plane should not need to be changed again for the Avidyne.

Which is why his antenna is the not included in the sale. He's keeping it for the Avidyne.

I just upgraded my GPS and now have a GNS 530W for sale. I bought my PA32-301 (N651ED) in 2015 and the 530 was a non-WAAS. I took it to my avionics shop fall 2015 and had it WAAS upgraded.

The backstory was kindof confusing. So in 2015 you upgrade your 530 to a 530W, and now you have removed it in favor of an Avidyne 550?

Which is why his antenna is the not included in the sale. He's keeping it for the Avidyne.

The Avidyne didn't come with one?
He seemed to imply it did since his mention of the GPS antenna is sandwiched in the middle of two sentences about the Avidyne install kit.

Sorry for the confusion. The waas antenna does not come with the 530w sale because It's still on my plane and being used for the IFD. It is not commonplace for gps to be sold with the antenna because many people may already have it from a previous gps. Waas antenna are about $350 according to my shop. Very few used GNS units for sale will have the antenna with it.

I gave a lot of back story because there are so many bogus adds out there. I figured the more details the better.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. The waas antenna does not come with the 530w sale because It's still on my plane and being used for the IFD. It is not commonplace for god to be sold with the antenna because many people may already have it from a previous gps. Waas antenna are about $350 according to my shop. Very few used GNS units for sale will have the antenna with it.

I gave a lot of back story because there are so many bogus adds out there. I figured the more details the better.

No sweat. My misunderstanding in the way I read your OP.
Besides, nobody posting useful stuff for sale on PoA should go unpunished. It would break tradition. :cool: :)

Any additional pictures or information just ask.

The gps was removed from N651ED (my personal plane) that is seen in be background of some of the pics.

My name is Brent Reddick. Look up the N# to see that it checks out. I can also give you the avionics shop phone number that just did the swap for me... if there are still any doubters.:p
None of those pictures have a pencil in front of it, how do we know u aren't from afrika??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tough crowd! Lol. I haven't been back to the hangar since the listing. I've got a pencil ready for the photo op I've just got to get by there. If anyone wants to wire me a deposit for now that would be great!

If you did not replace the tray to use the new avidyne then you my have a problem with using the avidyne tray with the 530. I have a buddy who upgraded from a 530 to the avidyne unit and he was told by our avionics shop that even though the 2 units were tray comparable, you could not use the avidyne tray with a 530 for a install into another plane as Garmin required their own tray. I rank this information as 50% true as I think Garmin will do everything they can to keep people from switching so you should check it independently.

If you did not replace the tray to use the new avidyne then you my have a problem with using the avidyne tray with the 530. I have a buddy who upgraded from a 530 to the avidyne unit and he was told by our avionics shop that even though the 2 units were tray comparable, you could not use the avidyne tray with a 530 for a install into another plane as Garmin required their own tray. I rank this information as 50% true as I think Garmin will do everything they can to keep people from switching so you should check it independently.

I will check on this. My shop said the parts were interchangeable. If that is the case I will find a solution which may include swapping the tray in my own plane. The avidyne tray is a lot prettier anyway.

I'm assuming the shop was referring to regulatory issues rather than physical issues?

Edit- I'm sure the the original docs from garmin say their tray is necessary... however considering they no longer mfg or sell a tray that stipulation would likely be no longer valid. Just an assumption on my part, but will certainly check.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back to top.

I've had this "sold" twice and it's still available.

If you want a mint condition 530W with brand new tray and install kit give me a shout. I'd be happy to provide any additional info you need.

Back to top.

I've had this "sold" twice and it's still available.

If you want a mint condition 530W with brand new tray and install kit give me a shout. I'd be happy to provide any additional info you need.
I'll trade you my slightly broken non-WAAS.

If I wasn't about to pay for a $8000 annual I'd have taken it off your hands.

Last edited:
Back