Sold: Aircraft Heaters Quad Hornet (engine pre-heater)

flight2000

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flight2000
I have an Aircraft Heaters Quad Hornet engine pre-heater for sale. I used it last winter with my Mooney and no longer need it because my Bonanza has a Reiff Pre-Heat System installed.

http://www.aircraftheaters.com/aircraftheaters

Thermostatically controlled (70° F)
4 fans & 4 heating modules
70ºF hermetically sealed thermostat setting
2.5" x 4" x 8.5" housing
120AC
400 Watts
40' electrical cord rated at -40°C
Also includes canvas carrying case and (1) can of thermostat testing spray.
Model Number: Q7F3J1-500

Asking: Sold....

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited:
I have an Aircraft Heaters Quad Hornet engine pre-heater for sale. I used it last winter with my Mooney and no longer need it because my Bonanza has a Reiff Pre-Heat System installed.

Cheers,
Brian
How did it work out for you? Thinking about getting this for my 150.

How did it work out for you? Thinking about getting this for my 150.

I worked great the couple of times I used it. I turned it on about 4 hours before the intended flight time from home or in some cases left it on overnight. The built in thermostat would cycle the heating elements on and off to retain the 70F temp they advertise. I also used a couple moving blankets I picked up from Harbor Freight on top of the cowling and kept the cowl flaps closed to help keep the heat in as much as possible. With the tightly cowled IO-360 in the Mooney, it really was not a problem. This was done inside a hangar, so no idea how it would work outdoors as I have no info on that type of preheating.

If you're asking about the Reiff system, that's a whole 'nother level that is just awesome....

Cheers,
Brian

Back