Social Media Rant

Unfortunately a photo of the crash has been posted on Taildragger Pilots United FB page. No names are mentioned. I still think something like that is inappropriate, people should have some respect for families and friends. Personally I don't need to look at photos of crashes where someone lost their life.
I saw that too.....along with some ridiculously inappropriate comments.

Sorry to hear you lost another friend, Jack.
And don't worry about FB. It is just a cool club for self-important idiots while everybody wonders why I call it "Fecesbook".

FWIW, my wife once received a phone call from a friend (yes, an actual call) to congratulate her on her sister's marriage. To my wife's further inquiry (and surprise), the reply was "I read it on Facebook".

Jack
100% agreement with you. It is just like the "experts" on TV talking about a missing or crashed airliner...they are just talking heads that haven't a clue as to what or why it happened. It usually takes 12 to 18 months of exhaustive investigation before the real experts can come up with a reasonably educated hypotheses.
One of my greatest fears is that my family will have to listen to a voice recorder (that was promised by the powers that be to NEVER be released for the public when pilots fought their being in the cockpit - as we also fight cameras) that records my final seconds of voice and knowing that I screwed up. I have often said "I don't mind dying but I don't want it to be my fault". In this age of 24 hour "news" and the need to say something, anything, we have non-stop drivel coming from the media and sadly on forums like this and others, "experts" because they have a pilots license despite never flown in a commercial setting where every action, reaction, rule - known and unknown is scrutinized by the zero ground speed committee and having no clue as to the operations involved. Sometimes the most difficult thing to say in any language is NOTHING.

Back