SoCal Pilots: Where do you find non-ethanol mogas?

MarkH

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MarkH
I moved to Lancaster, CA last year, and in that year (even using sites like pure-gas.org) I have not found a source for 87 or 91 Octane ethanol free mogas.

Does anyone in the area have a source. I am willing to drive a bit for it once I have a good storage method, but being able to have it delivered to my home would be ideal.

Nevada or Arizona. Except for high-octane racing fuel ($$), you're not going to find it in CA.

I think San Carlos KSQL has it on field. But it's a huge problem here in CA. There dozens of Rotax LSA and experimental in Sourthern California, including those coming out of the Sling factory at KTOA, the Pipestrel school at KFUL, the two schools at KSNA that fly LSA etc. They are all forced to use AVGAS and do 100 hour service. I can't figure out why there is not a mogas station at KSNA or one of the local airports, although at KSNA the two FBO's simply stated "we will not be selling mogas". It seems like a good starter business would be to just truck mogas to the local airpots in the area, and have a schedule of fueling days/times that people could plan on at their particular airport.

Back