SoCal Pilots Part II "The Fly In"

I live in San Diego and suggest considering Gillespie Field. Great cafe and three vintage aircraft musuems. Send me a private message if you want more information.

Santa Paula is a great little airport, too. Nice restaurant. Make sure to visit their website before flying in as they have preferred local procedures/practices.

Catalina is a great experience. Not really complicated at all. $25 for an island airport isn't really an issue considering the experience. Great food and cool t-shirts....:D. I pay the annual fee and try to go over for lunch at least 5 or 6 times a year. I'm not familiar w/any "bad rep" other than that the rwy is bumpy :confused: When I have out of town guests that want a unique flying experience, I take them to Catalina. As for the aircraft carrier style rwy, a rwy is a rwy. I always focus on the rwys when I land. One of the best, if not the best $100 hamburger (or buffalo burger if you want) in So Cal, hands down.

Just my .02 as a local that regularly flies all around So Cal (and usually w/vfr advisories).

Back