So You Wanna Fly in Norway?

Isn't Bob training for his PPL in Norway? From his questioning and other writings, it ain't easy there.

Hey, Yeah, being a student I really don't know how it is vs. in the US.

I do know as an American that learned Norwegian (rather began learning it) as a 36 y.o. Back in '93
Unfortunately the course, written exam are not just in Norwegian, but "weird" technical Norwegian that even Norwegians find difficult.

I did well though on the written. All through my online ground school (Norwegian) I also tried often to find the equivalent in the FAA and other books I bought. Had to look up a lot of words. They "plan" on offering the courses and written at some point in English as well, but at 62 I can't really wait.

The other thing I suspect is worse here is the lack of alternatives regarding flying clubs. Where I live there is really one viable school near me. Unfortunately it is a large club, but they have only one c172 with steam gauges, and it keeps on needing service...and even when ok so many students vying for booking time on it.
And regular ppl holders sometimes rent it for the whole weekend, etc.

From what I read here, seems most folk might have more options as far as clubs and renting of planes than are here. Also more small airports.

I have heard also that the theory here for PPL is more in depth, but that in the US students typically have more stick time (which to me, seems better...stick time with some theory is better than lots of theory with little stick time) but again I don't really know.

The AIP is pretty good, but I find a lot of regs, and maps even, the information is spread all around. That may be universal.

Back