So this is where they went.

Terry M - 3CK (Chicago)

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
I was an avid poster and follower on that other board up until late 2007. I recently went back and thought "Wow, this is a really different place, and a lot of people are missing."

Well, it looks like I found you!

I was an avid poster and follower on that other board up until late 2007. I recently went back and thought "Wow, this is a really different place, and a lot of people are missing."

Well, it looks like I found you!

Well, by Golly, we're glad you are here! :D

Terry, welcome to PoA! Next time we do a midwest get-together, be sure to join us!

Thank you both! I'm glad to be here. I'm hoping this is more like the old red board. Friendly, good natured conversation. Seemed to be a lot of attacking going on there the past few weeks I have checked in. I didn't feel it was a safe haven for questions. And it looks like a lot of the quality names worth weeding through the attacks to get the experienced answer I wanted, also post here (as well as many of the names I had wondered about - where did Tom Downey go? Oh, he's on PoA. Lots of names with great experience I figured had just fell away like I did. I see a lot of them posting here).

Last edited:
Shhh.. Hurry in and shut the door..

I got laid off from a well paying financial services job, welcomed a son into the world, got a less lucrative commercial banking job, worked more hours than I remember ever working, got a nice raise, welcomed a daughter into the world, got a really nice raise and recently another new job. Dr C helped me get my 3rd class back and I started flying again. Then I started lusting for flying info and stories again, which ultimately led me here!

Nice! Sounds like the family, your health and aviatin' are all headed in the right directions!!!

I got laid off from a well paying financial services job, welcomed a son into the world, got a less lucrative commercial banking job, worked more hours than I remember ever working, got a nice raise, welcomed a daughter into the world, got a really nice raise and recently another new job. Dr C helped me get my 3rd class back and I started flying again. Then I started lusting for flying info and stories again, which ultimately led me here!

Welcome! When the yellow board went down and came back up as the red board, POA was stood up as a very welcomed option that soon became "only" for me.

Ah, so you're an evil 1-percenter! ;)

Glad you found us (and you got your medical back). I do remember your screen name from the AOPA boards.

Ah, so you're an evil 1-percenter! ;)
I suspect the majority of those who fly outside of their job are. According to the media, I'm in top 3%, possibly 2.5%, and I cannot afford to rent a hangar, while the spiffiest airplane I can buy and maintain is a 1962 Mooney M20C -- just as soon as my daughter graduates from college. A guy with a nice Bonanza is definitely 1%. A guy with a Cirrus is 0.25%.

There's also a really REALLY steep curve from 1% to 0.5%... and higher.

Funny how it looks almost, logarithmic.

Gee, fancy that, based on a system of "wealth" built on multiplication of multiplication... of a completely contrived substance, called "money".

Math is fun. ;)

Thank you both! I'm glad to be here. I'm hoping this is more like the old red board. Friendly, good natured conversation. Seemed to be a lot of attacking going on there the past few weeks I have checked in. I didn't feel it was a safe haven for questions. And it looks like a lot of the quality names worth weeding through the attacks to get the experienced answer I wanted, also post here (as well as many of the names I had wondered about - where did Tom Downey go? Oh, he's on PoA. Lots of names with great experience I figured had just fell away like I did. I see a lot of them posting here).

I agree which is why I stopped posting there. Here I feel "safe" asking any type of question, and, if you have done something you're not proud of but want others to learn from your "near miss" you can post on here anon in the "lessons learned" section. This anon option keeps things even "safer".

Back