So much for getting together at OSH...

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
There's just not quite enough time in one day to cover what I want to see at AirVenture and meet with folks from the webboards. I found Greg's 195 but never connected with him, Talked to Scott Shekels on the telephone, sent and received voicemails with Ken Ibold (who was still on his way). I did at least see Diana as well as talk to her on the phone, but "seeing" must be taken literally here as I only "saw" her as I rode by on the bus heading back to the airplane for departure.

And speaking of departure, this one was as bad as I've had WRT the wait. From engine start to takeoff was close to 1.25 hours. At least it wasn't too hot and the wait provided ample oportunity to monitor the developing wx (I love XM weather). There was some concern about a cell heading right towards the field but we manage to get out before it got closer than 5-10 miles. I did wonder why the controllers didn't "play fair" with the different queues of airplanes waiting to take off. It seemed like the line I was in had 2-10 times the wait time of other queues. It's kinda frustrating so see someone fire up and pull into the line 5 planes ahead of you when you've already been waiting for an hour.

Lance, sorry I missed you, my friend. You REALLY need to hang for a couple of days next year. We've been having quite the blast!

Ken Ibold said:
Lance, sorry I missed you, my friend. You REALLY need to hang for a couple of days next year. We've been having quite the blast!

I'd love to spend a few days at OSH and really take it all in, but it seems like this is always a very busy time of the year for me.

lancefisher said:
I'd love to spend a few days at OSH and really take it all in, but it seems like this is always a very busy time of the year for me.

Lance,

I know what you mean. One of these days, I'm going to have to somehow work OSH into one of my fund-raising trips. I was really sorry to miss the Cessna bash--50th anniversary of the C172/C182. I would have loved it.

Judy

I had to come back earlier than expected so I could not look up anybody. But I did see the over flight of the "Cirrus Killer" at 200kts. It prob has a 300hp engine and a cabin width of 46"-48" (The engine and cabin are guesses from looking at the LSA (48" cabin) and I figured it would take 300hp to get it to 200kts.

Sorry to miss you, Lance. Tuesday was the day we got together with the bunch that flew up from KC. Oshkosh is a big place and there are a lot of people there.

Greg,

When did you leave out of OSH? We got there Thurs around 11ish. We were trying to make our way down to the 195 rows, but got distracted by the hamburgers and ice cream. ;) By the time we got headed down that way, I saw a 195 heading out from Rwy 36 that I figured was you. We meandered through the 195's on Friday anyway, but I didn't see what I thought was your plane.

-Chris

Back