So.. ladybugs eh?

LongRoadBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jacker
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/10-mile-wide-ladybug-swarm-shows-weather-radar-180972372/

Anyone here from San Diego area?
I’m trying to wrap my mind around those little ladybugs at 5000-9000 ft. And imagining seeing that ahead of you from the cockpit. Are they just carried by wind currents or do they have to flap their little wings? Concentrated in a ten mile area.

Was it published in a METAR, or TAF? Is there actually a code for ladybugs :)

Seems too they just suddenly “showed up”, then somewhat dissipated as they moved more towards Mexico. Wonder how it looked from the sky.

Didn’t see them or even hear about it until this thread.

I am so glad the wall isn’t done and the obnoxious insect storm is now in Mexico

What's the last thing that passes through a ladybug's mind when it hits your windshield in flight?

If it's a dude ladybug, I imagine it's something about coming back as a more manly bug... Like a stinkbug.

Likely a hoard of experimental nanobots

What's the last thing that passes through a ladybug's mind when it hits your windshield in flight?

If it is the 15,000th ladybug in a swarm I think the last thing going through it’s mind might be “hmm..that is one WTF expression on that pilots face”

It's really tiny undercover Chinese drones... (sometimes known as 'Rady bugs')

They are trying to find ways to import goods without paying tariffs.

It took 15,237,089 of them to carry a fake Versace purse.
upload_2019-6-9_15-16-12.jpeg

Back