So, how did you chose your first plane?

James that's a beautiful plane, how much are you asking for it? Also what beach is it parked on in that Photo? Sincerely Sidneyfw:)

Thanks Sidney,

Photo was taken at Copalis State (S16), one of the few official beach airports.

I'm looking for 28k obo, 2500TT, 550SMOH, ceconite fabric, new SS exhaust, new carb, new airbox, always hangared and well cared for.

I'm selling because I recently purchased a 185.

PM me if you want more info.

brian];1597873 said:
Go fly something... Buy what makes you smile.

I went in search of a piper with the old manual flaps - cheap and I think they are cool.

That's why I'm really after a Piper taildragger. A Pacer would fit the bill, but I'm not seeing too many 150 Pacers for sale around here. There's a few Tri-Pacers I know of, though.

Funny thing about the Stinsons. I can start to rationalize the extra fuel burn, from 7-8 to 10 for the Stinson... and then the creep begins. Mooneys look good... they're only a bit more $dough... :nono:

There was an experimental Citabria for sale in upstate NY earlier this year. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it asap. It sold as soon as I got curious about it, but I was still working on my license at the time.

Poking around and spending WAY too much time on Barnstormers... What a poorly designed website, but a lot of eye candy on it. :)

I got a nice low time Stinson 108 for sale, that's a real 4 seater taildragger. I'm selling because I just got a 185F.

C170 would also be a possibility, if you want to stick to Cessnas.

Maybe a Maule, they can get a little spendy though.

image.jpg

That's a beauty!

Back