So here I sit, grounded... Sigh...

CharlieD3

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CharlieD3
Not grounded due to COVID. Not grounded due to social distancing... Grounded because the runway's too spongy.

And, there's this fella (or maybe a girl) overhead doing stalls... Well maybe millennial stalls. You know, cut power, pull the nose up, and then... Before a break of any sort, add power and carry on... Then some turns about a point. Sorta.
Then they went away...

I wanted to shake my fist, or tell 'em to get outta my sky, through clenched teeth ala "get off my lawn." But I realized I was just jealous, and wished I was up there; you know, showin' 'em how it's really done.

Sigh.

I wanna fly. Again. Soon.

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

Not grounded due to COVID. Not grounded due to social distancing... Grounded because the runway's too spongy.

And, there's this fella (or maybe a girl) overhead doing stalls... Well maybe millennial stalls. You know, cut power, pull the nose up, and then... Before a break of any sort, add power and carry on... Then some turns about a point. Sorta.
Then they went away...

I wanted to shake my fist, or tell 'em to get outta my sky, through clenched teeth ala "get off my lawn." But I realized I was just jealous, and wished I was up there; you know, showin' 'em how it's really done.

Sigh.

That was me two weeks ago when it was too windy (28mphG39) to fly on the weekend and all week long at work I heard the planes overhead... Being grounded is not fun!

Then they went away...

Sigh.

I did full power stalls/turning stalls in my 182 on my checkride. Maybe TN just has soft DPEs

I did full power stalls/turning stalls in my 182 on my checkride. Maybe TN just has soft DPEs
Oh, they're still on the checkride... And slow flight. Meh... 60 knots is close enough..

But, back to the original... What was the pilot doing? Cut power, nose up, no stall, full throttle.. what maneuver is that?

But, back to the original... What was the pilot doing? Cut power, nose up, no stall, full throttle.. what maneuver is that?
ATP stalls...recover at the first indication (or fifth indication, depending on how you count them).

Glad my airport has a hard surface. We went up to day just to burrow holes in the sky and get the oil temp up for about an hour. It felt good.

My airport has a paved runway... but yesterday I used the grass alongside the pavement (like I always do whenever possible).

Back