So close to the goal!!!

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
today was supposed to be my final lesson before my IFR checkride later this week. Things were going great, until yesterday.
Playing soccer with my kids after their game running around right foot landed in a bit of a depression and the right knee buckled back, crack, and down I went. In the air I knew I was porked.
Off to the ER, long story short, CT scan shows comminuted right fibular Head fracture and incomplete tibial plateau fracture. Won’t be working the rudders for a 1-2 months (hopefully).
MRI tomorrow. Surgeon tues. Internally the knee actually feels ok. The rest is crap.
Writhing around on the ground all I could think of is damn, there goes my checkride.
My nana always said the Lord works in strange ways.. The 182 is due for its annual this month, maybe they’ll find something really wrong...

Yep, that’s why I didn’t go to the enduro dirt bike race this weekend. I don’t want a injury to slow down my training.

That makes for a bad day,hoping for a quick recovery.

I hope you have a speedy and good recovery.

As you work through the medical process, make sure you obtain all records and doctors notes. Better to do overkill of info gathering now and later pick out what you need for the FAA than to not ask and get behind the curve once you have been discharged and healed and need to go back to the docs.

An email to Lou or Bruce will get guidance on what specific items to get.

Awwwww man! Well just before my PPL checkride I herniated a back disk and was bedridden so kind of know how you feel. I ended up taking so long to recover and then other health problems popped up and I finally said screw it. But at least I had a hubby to fly with.

You'll recover and get there. That sucks though.

Update: saw ortho. Retired colonel from USAF. Put my knee through the paces, no ligament tears, no mensicus tears, fractures of fibular head, and non displaced tibial plateau fractures.
non weight bearing For one month. X-rays weekly to look that fracture in tibia stays nondisplaced- if doesn’t then surgery. Can range knee as much as I like.
He found it curious that I didn’t tear anything. Attributed to crazy Crossfit I do and yoga.
Something had to give and the best possible happened.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back