Snow bird moving to Vero Beach, Florida

bjones

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bjones
I posted this on the red board and the piper forum with no response. Thought I'd give it a try here. Thanks in advance for any help...:)

We'll be closing on a house in Vero Beach on November 15th. We plan on being there for the winter and heading back each year sometime after Sun n Fun.
tongue.gif

I've visited VRB and X26 and have pretty much decided on basing the airplane at VRB for the winter. I briefly checked out Sun Aviation and it seems to be the FBO of choice. Any advise or thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

I'll also be looking for a good A&P to manage my maintenance and any recommendations on this would also be greatly appreciated.

I've had maintenance done at Double M Aviation in Lakeland. I know Mike and Audrey pretty well, both very nice and Mike's work is very detail oriented.

In addition, they share a building with Don Ruhl of Mac Avionics. Don is a very nice and knowledgable "old school" avionics guy, so he has the equipment and knowledge to steer you right even when it's older non-digital equipment in your panel.

My panel (I think you can find pictures on here) work has been done by Don.

Back