Smokey and the Bandit returning to theaters

If they did a remake today what would they use for the car?

Hellcat or Demon.

Would probably work, although the SS Camaro is probably the closest kin still in production. There are plenty of Firebird conversion kits out there.

e3c5d86b9e7af0f0d045c1728d2b27e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine is in the original Smokey and the Bandit. Remember the scene where the Trans Am careens through a football field when a pee-wee ballgame is underway? He's one of the kids playing ball...

I wish I could like those, but they're ugly.

Some are better than others. I still prefer them to the Camaro. The Pontiacs always had better designs than Chevy for sibling vehicles.

I'd drive one the GTO conversions for sure.
7d4ad4e11a80587591e642335ba59675.jpg

I really like the Bandit movies, but I don't think I would pay again to see them.

I wish I could like those, but they're ugly.

Yup.
The screaming chicken decal on the hood looks cheesy.

I figured the environmentally correct Hollywood types would insist on a Tesla Roadster. :D

Yup.

Lol, well it pretty closely matches the original Trans Am decal, so we can only blame the 70's car designers for that one. There are other versions which do a modern take on the screaming chicken with more of an airbrushed 3D look. I think I've even seen the airbrushed flaming chicken (Firebird Firehawk).

Those conversions are ridiculously expensive though. I think the ones with T-Tops cost over $50K on top of the price of the SS Camaro itself. Who ever thought you'd see a six-figure Pontiac?!

Lol, well it pretty closely matches the original Trans Am decal, so we can only blame the 70's car designers for that one. There are other versions which do a modern take on the screaming chicken with more of an airbrushed 3D look. I think I've even seen the airbrushed flaming chicken (Firebird Firehawk).

Those conversions are ridiculously expensive though. I think the ones with T-Tops cost over $50K on top of the price of the SS Camaro itself. Who ever thought you'd see a six-figure Pontiac?!

Got a buddy who bought one of those '70s black Trans-Ams new, right after we all graduated from engineering school. The hood decal brought him a lot of grief from his so-called friends and classmates. He never sold it, and a couple of weeks ago we got an email with some video of the engine on a dyno after rebuild. He's restoring the damn thing, decal and all he says...

Got a buddy who bought one of those '70s black Trans-Ams new, right after we all graduated from engineering school. The hood decal brought him a lot of grief from his so-called friends and classmates. He never sold it, and a couple of weeks ago we got an email with some video of the engine on a dyno after rebuild. He's restoring the damn thing, decal and all he says...

I never liked/disliked the hood emblem since it was around well before I was born. I always thought it was unique, and the black/gold paint scheme with the wheels was always a cool combo. I have owned three cars with T-tops, so I definitely like the look, lol.

For the price, gimme a daily driver-quality '67-70 Goat instead.
No argument there. '67 GTO is probably my all-time favorite muscle car. They went a little overboard on the hood scoops for the conversion model, but it'd sure wipe the floor with the '67 in every measure of performance.

Yup.

I figured the environmentally correct Hollywood types would insist on a Tesla Roadster. :D

That's not a chicken, it's a template of how the girlfriend is supposed to lay on the hood.......

Those black Trans-Ams were THE car to have when i was in high school.

I had a neighbor in NC who had a bandit trans am, the plate even said bandit. They would take it out on the weekends complete with Jerry Reed soundtrack blaring through the stereo.

Ah, a 40th anniversary, nice.
I wonder about the average age of the expected audience to be drawn. I don't believe it will be exactly low. :)

Those black Trans-Ams were THE car to have when i was in high school.

A lot of them showed up on the college campus not long after the movie. I had a '70 Chevy pickup with a built, no I mean BUILT 427. I had tons of fun smokin' the bandit cars....

Back