Smoketown 2013

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Anyone going?

I'm planning on arriving at around 10 in 708SC.

Do you guys know if the airport will be notamd closed for any part of the day? I seem to remember that it is for demo flights.

Do you guys know if the airport will be notamd closed for any part of the day? I seem to remember that it is for demo flights.
I heard from a couple of guys based there that NOTAMs and TFR don't mean squat and you can fly whenever and wherever you want to! ;)

We would like to bring the Trinidad in from Ohio for the fly in 1G1. Weather looks promising for the weekend.

I called the guy up there today and he said that duru g the air show part the field is nominally closed, but if you really want to arrive or depart around that time they'll work with you. We're planning on arriving around 0830.

I didn't see either of you up there. I didn't get in until 11:30, ran late.

Really nice restored fairchild!

I was sitting in the plane at 9 but made the call to stay local. The nearby yellow blobs on the radar didn't look great and I didn't want to put myself in the position of trying to outrun the weather and/or getting stuck. Of course, the weather turned out to be no factor. Crud!

Last edited:
I didn't see either of you up there. I didn't get in until 11:30, ran late.

Really nice restored fairchild!

Mike -- was it red? If so, it was probably from New Garden, the airport manager rebuilt one. It is beautiful.

I was sitting in the plane at 9 but made the call to stay local. The nearby yellow blobs on the radar didn't look great and I didn't want to put myself in the position of trying to outrun the weather and/or getting stuck. Of course, the weather turned out to be no factor. Crud!

There were a lot of yellow blobs on xm weather within 20nm but they stayed away!

Mike -- was it red? If so, it was probably from New Garden, the airport manager rebuilt one. It is beautiful.

Actually the owner of smoketown just rebuilt it. I'll post some pics later this weekend. White and maroon red.

Back