Smallest Dime I have ever seen in my life..

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
Check out what I came across. The pic shows this dime next to a regular dime.

Has anyone seen one of these.

It says 1972 and has every mark a regular dime has but on the back is an eagle.

mini dime and me 018.JPG

mini dime and me 019.JPG

mini dime and me 020.JPG

mini dime and me 021.JPG

if you look at the bottom back side it does not say one dime but one dollar.

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

A dollar coin half the size of dime? Wow!

I did a quick search and found this to be a 24k gold mini dime. Kinda cool. Would be cool on a charm braclet or something. I will give it to the wife.

I agree this is a liberty dollar but its not like the one shown. This one has an eagle on the back just like the regular liberty dollar.

Very cool! Probably worth more than a dollar!

It sure looks real. Has some weight to it for its little size.

I have done some searching and all the 1972 mini liberty coins I find look nothing like this one. They are all either gold plated or have different picture on the back.

This one looks just like the bigger 1972 liberty dollar just real real small. You need a magnifying glass to see this. The camera took a really good picture of it. Once I saw the pic I posted, I had to stick it under a magnifying glass and that is when I seen all the detail.

I could not find another like it for sale anywhere.

Maybe some of you can find one of these just like this one for sale and post it?

I'd bet that it came off a charm bracelet.

I would also think if it was on a charm bracelet it would be made of some cheezy tin i would be abe to bend..I can not bend this,not with my bare hands.

Some pics with this next to a full size dollar

Attachments

• dollar 001.JPG
    dollar 001.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 33
  • dollar 002.JPG
    dollar 002.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 33
  • dollar 005.JPG
    dollar 005.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
  • dollar 006.JPG
    dollar 006.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 34

The coin I have is not a shrinkin coin. Look at the pics and you will see this.

From the research I have done the US mint did produce some mini coins and sell them in groups. You would get 10 mini coins for such and such price.

I believe the coin I have came from one of those groups. Its just to perfect to be anything but. I looked at it under I microscope and its just to perfect.

I then looked at a Mini coin made for amusment or novelty and those coins do not have the detail this coin does.

Its a cool little coin....

I thought this thread was going to be about a 4'-7" hottie

That's pretty cool, never seen one before. Where'd you find it?

My wife was getting in her car and it was right by the door on the ground.

Reminds me of the Nixon Penny, It is about 1/4" in diameter and the inscription says "Getting Smaller"

I've got a tiny coin that looks like yours. Mine is made with silver that went to (around) the moon in the command module of Apollo 14. Can't find anywhere that would tell me if it's worth more than the melt value.

Back