EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I just get a call from my dad.

"Hey, who's that guy that works for _______ that you know."

"Lance Fisher?"

"Yeah, our flight from LA to Minneapolis was overweight, so I guess he just got off, I'm still talking to the guys he works with."

N2212R said:
I just get a call from my dad.

"Hey, who's that guy that works for _______ that you know."

"Lance Fisher?"

"Yeah, our flight from LA to Minneapolis was overweight, so I guess he just got off, I'm still talking to the guys he works with."

I didn't actually get off, I was in the cockpit talking to the pilots. The captain was a friend of my next door neighbor who also flies this particular trip often as a NW captain.

Wait a minute.

I had dinner with Lance last night.

Small world? He and I grew up about 4 miles from each other. We only live about 1700 nm away from each other and this is the first time we met.

Then a bit futher afield we went to the same Univesity (Michigan) startig in the same year (69). Anyone care to compute the odds?

Joe
Los Angeles

Thats really awesome.

I couldn't resist posting this though:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Gee I feel left out as I don't know Lance, Ed's dad, or grew up close to Joe.

But I was walking in the airport last month in New Dehli, India and ran into a person I used to work with.

I had something like that happen to me in London. I was on the Tube just minding my own business, when a voice said "Judy?" It was a woman from Alaska whom I had met when I was doing some field work up there. Cracked us up.

Judy

HPNFlyGirl said:
Thats really awesome.

I couldn't resist posting this though:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware

I used to date a girl who worked at Disney Land, and I am convinced that that song repeated over and over is why she was insane.:D

smigaldi said:
Gee I feel left out as I don't know Lance, Ed's dad, or grew up close to Joe.

But I was walking in the airport last month in New Dehli, India and ran into a person I used to work with.

I was fishing off the pier in Ocean Beach San Diego one night when someone with an accent called out "Henning". Now one advantage to this name, is that when someone yells it, I'm pretty safe assuming it's me they're talking to. Turns out it was a guy I met, partied with, and shared a weekend and 7 Italian girls in Rottenburg ob de Taube in Germany 8 years earlier, and hadn't had any contact with before or since. I've had other small world experiences, but many of them are due to the nature of my industries, that was the most off the wall one though. I thought about calculating the odds and the infinite improbabability drive kept coming to mind. That one could get you far.

My last small world experience was while vacationing in Ireland my wife and I ran into my neighbor from before I was married. Comparing our itinerary, we discovered we must had just missed each other--sometimes by mere minutes--for a solid month before that fateful day.

Another notable time was when I spent a week on Michigan's upper peninsula visting my nieces and I ran into a family friend from way back when we lived next door. Hadn't seen him in 15 years.

During my wife's trip to France last Sept she ran into her ex-bosses' daughter and husband while in the south. The next week while in Paris she ran into our daughter's old schoolmate, accompanied by....my wife's neighbor when she lived in Idaho. The schoolmate and the old neighbor had met each other for the first time while taking the Chunnel train from London and hit it off.

I haven't had any like you folks did. Closest 'small world' was about 20 minutes ago, on the Moto Guzzi web boards there was a post about someone taking their first flying lesson. Saw a fellow POA poster there. Woo hoo! Flys AND rides a Guzzi. What could be better?!

Re: Small world. And big thread creep!

Anthony said:
A Ducati?

I came thiiissssss close to buying a Multistrada. Took one for a test drive this past summer. Loved it.

Only problem was, I took a test ride on a Breva three weeks ago. It felt more 'put together' than the Multistrada. A little more 'solid', had better acceleration, and handled nicer as well. Shaft drive vs chain drive, a nicer cockpit layout, and just all around better looking.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/bikes/breva/index.html

And, we also bought the little brother to Pete's California EV: the Nevada.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/bikes/nevada/index.html
(except ours is black and red)

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/bikes/ev/index.html (Pete's is the burgundy and black)

Last edited:
The Ducs forte are really the sport and racing bikes. I'm not as familiar with the Moto Guizi's as much as the Ducs, but those links look interesting for cruisers.

Re: Small world. And big thread creep!

DeeG said:
I came thiiissssss close to buying a Multistrada. Took one for a test drive this past summer. Loved it.

Longtime riding buddy in Boston has one, looks fugly, rides GREAT!. Love the Duc air cooled motors, I'll have to get a Duc someday. For now, the R1150RT fits me to a T, perfect everyday motorcycle than can handle well enough to catch some of the squids by surprise.

I guess I am close minded. Nothing but a Harley for me. My chopper has two wheels.

Back