Small world!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
This morning I took off out of Mountain Empire airport (KMKJ) in southwest Virginia after having spent the weekend down there for my cousin's wedding. BKN017 ceilings layered to FL250. The first hour and a half were solid IMC, which then broke out into a beautiful sky. It was a nice flight. Plus the rain washed some of the bugs off. :)

As I was coming in, a Skyhawk was doing a practice ILS into Williamsport. I unloaded the Aztec, got in my truck, and started heading home when I got a call from Gary Mascelli. Turns out he and a friend flew in to get some flying time, and were getting lunch at the restaurant. I turned around and joined them for lunch. It was great to catch up.

While we're eating there, who walks in but Ron Levy, with a student. We chatted for a while, and then I went on my way to pick up supplies and do my oil change and Gary and his friend flew home.

A great day! Oh, and I successfully completed my oil change. My plane is much happier now. :)

Yeah I got a frantic call this afternoon to get your cell number.
Glad the timing worked out. :)

Really...what are the chances Ted will be on the ground at IPT???? It was great timing, not by any plan that's for sure. Great to catch up Ted.

Yeah. He Gary was looking for you on FB this afternoon.

:D I left a message on FB and a PM on this forum. Little did I know he was in the air at the time. It all worked out, it was a fun time and a great day to fly.

Yeah I got a frantic call this afternoon to get your cell number.
Glad the timing worked out. :)

I saw Ted at his plane when we got out of the Skyhawk but then he was gone. I went through my numbers but didn't have his cell. :frown2: I went through my list and thought maybe AdamZ.....no wait, AdamB will have it! I rang you up and as you searched the contacts I was adding one. I called, we met for lunch and that's the rest of the story. :smilewinkgrin: Thanks Adam!!

Last edited:
And all I was doing was pulling weeds in my front yard! Why didn't ya all call me?

And all I was doing was pulling weeds in my front yard! Why didn't ya all call me?

Pulling weeds is like mowing a lawn, and we know how you feel about those. :rofl:

Pulling weeds is like mowing a lawn, and we know how you feel about those. :rofl:

Nah, the lawn I have a hope in a hot place to keep up with... the weeds I just do when I'm board and I always have plenty of weeding to do.

Another little tid-bit of the small aviation world, as I was departing KLNS on my return to Wings, it was about the same time that Gary and Mike were flying up to IPT and crossing overhead. (10:55am we took off of RY 31 at LNS)

Last edited:
Yeah it is a small world.
I was sitting at KAFN last night waiting for Justin to arrive before going to have
a lobster roll and ice cream.

There were a couple of dogs around the ramp and a couple walked up the access road and said oh a Dog, we do dog rescue flights. So I ask if they work with ARF. They say yes. Then I asked if they knew Ted with the Aztec. Yep we've met him.

We chatted for a few minutes before they loaded up and departed.
Small world indeed.

Gary get's around. Tonight I was flying over KILG and talking to the tower and I heard Gary call for takeoff clearance in the Archer.

Welcome back to the skies Gary :frown3:

Gary get's around. Tonight I was flying over KILG and talking to the tower and I heard Gary call for takeoff clearance in the Archer. Welcome back to the skies Gary :frown3:

Thanks!!

Were you the CAP flight????? I saw you come over as I was pre-flighting, I wondered. I heard him clear you to the Marsh, I had my hand held on.:)

I knocked out four landings and once again meet currency. I will get in the air wednesday and add a few more while making a lunch run. Anyone available for lunch ?????

will get in the air wednesday and add a few more while making a lunch run. Anyone available for lunch ?????

Sure, lunch Wednesday is no problem. The Dakota is down for awhile with some avionics work. What time will you be by FTG? :smile:

Sure, lunch Wednesday is no problem. The Dakota is down for awhile with some avionics work. What time will you be by FTG? :smile:

Hmmmm.....we may have to push that back to supper and maybe tack on an additional few days or so.:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Were you the CAP flight????? I saw you come over as I was pre-flighting, I wondered. I heard him clear you to the Marsh, I had my hand held on.:)

Yup that was me. Bad day for traffic. There were a bunch of accidents on 95 and DelDOT wanted us to orbit the area around the marsh which put us right at the departure end of 01. Tower had asked me to stay out to the west while he got some jet departures off and then he cleared me to the marsh as requested. We finished for the night right around the time you were doing your first takeoff.

Waaaaah!!!!

You should have been out on your bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaah!!!!

You should have been out on your bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still a bit shakey on it and I still don't want to go out without supervision... I can't seem to get much volenteers for supervising either.

Missa

I'm still a bit shakey on it and I still don't want to go out without supervision... I can't seem to get much volenteers for supervising either.

Missa

:)

motorcycle_training.jpg

Missa

Take it on the Schuylkill. Lots of supervision there.

:D

Just kidding. Don't you dare!

Missa

Adult supervision required, what?

Back