Small Stock Market Start

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I have a friend that wants to play in the stock market with a very small initial investment, like $50. He checked out loyal3.com but wasn't impressed with their limitation on which stocks can be bought.

Any advice?

Define "play the stock market"....

Are you talking day trading?

Or split the $50 amongst some stock or funds and let it soak for weeks/months/longer?

I have a friend that wants to play in the stock market with a very small initial investment, like $50. ...
I suggest that he take a match and just burn it. That is a much more efficient use of his time.

$50, wow. I just talked a friend out of putting 500 in so I got nothing for ya

50? I guess he could buy and index fund and in a year or 5 whenever he got 10% he would have a whole 5 profit, pretax of course.....

At 8 dollars a trade, he isn't buying much for stocks

Check out Robinhood. No trade fees. And with amounts that small, trading fees would eat him alive.

How about less about playing in the stock market, and more about enjoying owning companies?

Something like firstshare.com or giveashare.com. Set up the account, reinvest the dividends. Everyone starts somewhere.

Looks like your talking about someone who wants to get into the penny stock day trading,and making a million. Good luck on that.

I have a friend that wants to play in the stock market with a very small initial investment, like $50. He checked out loyal3.com but wasn't impressed with their limitation on which stocks can be bought.

Any advice?

Tell Bryan to stay away from Penny stocks.

Back