small jet (video)

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Last month while visiting with Richard in Paso Robles, Richard showed me this small jet that was used in a James Bond film. Then last night I was watching the history channel and they had a program about this very plane. It was very interesting to say the least. I thought Id share some of it with you, Maybe Richard can chime in with more details.

video:
Http://autoglassnetworks.com/smalljet.wmv

Picture:

Michael said:
Last month while visiting with Richard in Paso Robles, Richard showed me this small jet that was used in a James Bond film. Then last night I was watching the history channel and they had a program about this very plane. It was very interesting to say the least. I thought Id share some of it with you, Maybe Richard can chime in with more details.

video:
Http://autoglassnetworks.com/smalljet.wmv

Picture:

Cool little jet...
reminds me of the small Bede Jet that I used to fancy owning until I realized how limited it was to my usual type of flying mission.
Still cool.

Last edited:
I wonder if he's got a mechanical linkage (aka Johnson bar) on that gear... it sure comes up FAST!

Troy Whistman said:
I wonder if he's got a mechanical linkage (aka Johnson bar) on that gear... it sure comes up FAST!

I was at an airshow where it flew many moons ago. The pilot said it is a simple mechanical linkage from handle (not a switch) to gear thus the reason it just vanishes when he retracts it. Johnson bar pretty much sums it up.

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
reminds me of the small Bede Jet that I used to fancy owning

Might be because that IS a Bede 5J.

OK, Having seen the video, I am not sure whether it is a Bede or not. I thought it was, but evidently not. Sure looks like one, though.

Last edited:
Greg Bockelman said:
Might be because that IS a Bede 5J.

OK, Having seen the video, I am not sure whether it is a Bede or not. I thought it was, but evidently not. Sure looks like one, though.

Trust the force, Greg, it will not lead you astray...

It is, indeed, the 5J, and I have always wanted one of those.

I was amused at the reference by the pilot that he had had to bail out twice.

Same plane?

Back