Small business accounting software recommendations

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
looking at free or really cheap small business accounting software recommendations. I've used Quickbooks in the past, love/hate relationship with it.

So, just started a small business LLC to teach one time classes of ~10 students, 2 to 4 times a month (each class is a new set of students), and looking for a software package to track the business. Integration with Square for payment processing (yes, I looked at the Square site for recommendations -
Quickbooks online
Zoho Books
Xero et al ...)

A few cloud based at $7/mo (trial) to $30/mo (Quickbooks, which probably roughly equal to buying the annual license and running locally)

Spreadsheets would probably suffice, but would rather not go there.

Downloaded gnuCash (native on OS/X) but other than the recently released version, not much activity I see on any discussion sites for this.

One drawback I see on gnuCash (and probably others) is the concept that a sale starts with a Customer (entered into system) that gets an Invoice that closes with AR entry of payment received.

We're not retaining customer information, sales happen at class time with Square or cash, using Square POS information.

Any experiences to share?

Thanks!
Greg

Last edited:
Back