"Small Aircraft Security Concerns"

There was an article in USA Today, too.

Methinks the ATA, having lost the FAA deal, is beginning a new campaign.

They just need that law that requires all citizens to buy 2 airline tickets every year.

of course the guy makes statements without backing them up. Of course someone must search bags, right? that only makes sense, right? IOW - the usual horse manure
from "security" experts.

Not one word or even hint about risk and how various security measures would
actually reduce risk.

Big discussion of this on the Red Board.

The airlines don't have to improve service- they just make it harder to use alternatives & get the government to help them!

of course the guy makes statements without backing them up. Of course someone must search bags, right? that only makes sense, right? IOW - the usual horse manure
from "security" experts.

Not one word or even hint about risk and how various security measures would
actually reduce risk.

When Duh Mare made the deal to keep Meigs open for 5 years (we know how that worked out) he insisted the state provide security...so the guy would actually check your plane and bags to make sure you didn't have any weapons allowing you to take control by force of the plane you were controlling. :vomit:

When Duh Mare made the deal to keep Meigs open for 5 years (we know how that worked out) he insisted the state provide security...so the guy would actually check your plane and bags to make sure you didn't have any weapons allowing you to take control by force of the plane you were controlling. :vomit:

Seriously?

Sheese...

What a political cesspool

Big discussion of this on the Red Board.

The airlines don't have to improve service- they just make it harder to use alternatives & get the government to help them!
Look back on the early days of the airline industry. They and the rail industry duked it out not in the market but in the halls of Congress as to who got the best deals. Given the way the airline industry has performed it would be best to allow as much competition in travel as possible. Betting on the airlines is a sure delayed flight to disaster.

For those too young to remember this . . .

It used to be okay to carry your hunting rifle on the airlines, in an unlocked, soft carrying case, and ask the pilot to keep it for you in the cockpit.

This was common, and pilots agreed to this all the time.

Seriously?

Sheese...

What a political cesspool

As far as I know, the policy is still in place at Midway and O'Hare. Kent flew the MDW. Kent?

I think one justification for the ginourmous fees at Chicago airports was to pay for the "service" of the security drone. Like with all things Daley that is not the real reason. The real reason is he (his wife) hates small planes (that occassionally overflew their condo south of Meigs).

I remembered that he once told the Sun-Times the security claims he used to bulldoze Meigs were bogus of course, but he went back to the lie since.

BTW, Daley visited Beijing to learn from the Olympics. I think the Chinese government wanted him there for the exchange of knowledge. They would have to be impressed because even they didn't dare think to bulldoze Tienanmen Square like he bulldozed Meigs. :mad:

As far as I know, the policy is still in place at Midway and O'Hare. Kent flew the MDW. Kent?
When I walk into the Signature facility at O'Hare I have to put my briefcase through the X-ray and walk through the metal detector. I mostly jsut get waived thorugh the detector when I show my ID card.

There is no screening of that type at Midway that I have seen. Signature O'Hare has a metal detector and x-ray. So does Signature at Boston Logan.

Nada. Bags stayed in the plane, but I didn't see an X-ray or metal detector in Million Air. Walked out, got pizza, came back, flew away.

I think the new form of security is to rape your wallet - It was a choice between $120 in fees or 10 gallons of $6.83 100LL. :eek: (Signature is charging $7.48! :hairraise:)

Back